The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brakes

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    BLKCLOUD

Brakes

I have 00' galant gtz its time to change the brake pads and possibly the rotors.
    Can anyone help me with detail instructions.

I have change out bakes before but on all disc and Anti-lock system.
    Thanks in advance. :?:

Galant_01
    It is really no difference if you have done disk brakes before. It is 2 bolts on each rotor to change the pads and then 2 more to get the caliper bracket off if you need to change the rotors. But like I said it is super easy especially if you have already done them. You can also try doing a search of the board because there is a detailed "How To" around here somewere. If you have any problems you can shoot me an email.

luckily, you don't have to remove the calipers or anything to get to your rotors...most of the time. It may be different for G's, but i doubt it...just hang it off your spring with a wire. The only time ABS comes into play is when you replace a caliper or open up the brake lines, letting air get in...then you have to bleed the ABS motor, which is easy anyway. shouldn't be a big problem, on my car it is 6 or 8 bolts and two screws to get the caliper, retainer, brake line, ebrake cable and rotors off my car.

BlueESV6
    The only hard part is loosening those caliper nuts which are "heat sealed" on the mount!! Once you get those off the rest is straight forward.