The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dying the interior of a 7g

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    nofxfuk

dying the interior of a 7g

hey guys whats a good way to dye the interior of a car cus ive never done it and how easy is it to do a 7g interior lol plz pm me

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i'm interested as well, let me know whomever 8)
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

xpr626
    Are you talking baout painting the interior peices or dying somthing else...

7g comes apart very easily, but doesn't go back together very well.

Everything in my car is painted...easier than dying just with a little more fragrance.

To Dye pieces you need a vat to dip it in. Unless you find a child's swimming pool that can withstand near boiling temps, you may want to paint (or pay someone else). If you do a good job and use good materials, painting isn't a problem.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

cruising60

interior color change

The easiest way is to use a vinyl and fabric spray paint (from Walmart or PepBoys). Pull the front seats, console and rear bottom seat out and do them outside the car. Use masking tape and paper and do one section at a time, (ie passenger side front then driver side front, rear seat top, carpet, headliner, doors). If you can, do it over a few days and by all means wear a face mask. I just finished repainting my gray interior to black and it really looks great. I also painted the console trim a dull aluminum for contrast. It took about 5 cans of spray to complete the whole interior. If anyone can tell me how to include a picture in this forum I will send you some so you can see the results.

cruising60
    I just finished uploading some pictures of my 97. I hope you will be able to view them by going to this site, http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288...88603423.[/img]

GalantSpeed
    i got some of that spray stuff too, yours turned out pretty good, i think i'm gonna go for it too. i tried it on a towel and it's all soft still, how many cans did you end up using?

for fabric, you use a lot more paint. I did my headliner and it took several cans. Needless to say, autozone knows my color scheme and question me everytime I change it.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

cruising60

paint for headliner

I used almost 2 cans of paint on the headliner. I had to put on about 3 coats over 3 days before it all blended in.