The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ground controls or skunk2??

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    galant00

ground controls or skunk2??

i need to know which one is better.. for my 2000 galant.. ground controls or skunk2.. please help me decide..and what i need kyb and a camber kit
    .. let me know guys thanks

Xska55
    I would say neither especialy if you live in the NY metro area the ride is way to bouncy especialy if your driving through the 5 boros groundcontrols have a lil better coil on it (eibach) but the setup's are basically are the same i currently riding on skunks and i wouldnt wish that ride anybody jus ask verywhite, queensfinestplaya, or tgcli they have rode in my car and im sure theyll confirm my statement,, in my area i have yet to meet another 8g with coilovers, i currently have a set of drop springs on order so hopeing that my ride will smooth out alot more,,,,the bounce was kinda of fun in the begining but now it aint,,, all that front hopping has got to stop cuz it definitaly cant be good for the engine and plus i have the sds now so i have take xtra care of the engine
    hope this helps

Mindless
    get springs man. I totally agree w/ xska. Coilovers are cool at first but the ride gets old real quick. I got coilovers so I could change the ride height, but I haven't changed it once. .

escoson
    i agree with both of them unless you got the $$$ to spend for some real coilovers

Xska55
    you see now true coilovers like JIC's & Tein's are a totally different story
    but now your talking about a almost $800 to $1700 diff. depending on what kind you get,,,, but defintely worth every penny

Get the Ground Controls you wont regret it...

everyone complains that the ride gets old but with the right shocks such as the KYB's, you'll be fine. Plus being able to adjust your ride height in a matter of minutes at any given time is a definite plus over springs.

And GC's are real coiovers they use them race cars and are one of the more respected coiovers on the market.
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

Xska55
    real coilovers? lol!

Mindless
    dude I have KYB's....it doesn't help the ride all that much. bouncy is bouncy. It's not cool when your friends tell you that your car looks like a stone skipping across a lake. know what I mean?

galant00
    are tein springs any good?? 1.7 in the front 1.3 in the back

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Get some springs, coilovers will give you a migraine with all the bouncing.. Tein springs are really some of the best that you can buy, even better than the GC or the JIC's for that matter.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

galant00
    thanks guys tein springs it is.. with kyb all around.. thanks again

Mindless
    post pics once you get 'em.

Mindless. you have KYB GR-2 which are basically a little better than stock.. you might want to invest in some KYB AGX so you can adjust your ride..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mindless. you have KYB GR-2 which are basically a little better than stock.. you might want to invest in some KYB AGX so you can adjust your ride..</div>

Yeah I know... I think the fronts are almost gone.