The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Springs to coil overs

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    mtxgalant96

Springs to coil overs

I put lowering springs on my car but, they didnt lower enough for my liking. i want to go with coil overs and i know that changing to coil overs will ruin the comfort level, but i was just wondering if it's a good idea to put coil overs on and if would I need anything else besides just buying coil overs? I going to get some good priced ones off ebay and they are from dropzone so i think they should be good, but how should I go about this. i have a 1996 galant and any feedback would be helpful and great.

Mindless

Re: Springs to coil overs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtxgalant96)</div><div class='quotemain'>I put lowering springs on my car but, they didnt lower enough for my liking. Â*i want to go with coil overs and i know that changing to coil overs will ruin the comfort level, but i was just wondering if it's a good idea to put coil overs on and if would I need anything else besides just buying coil overs? Â*I going to get some good priced ones off ebay and they are from dropzone so i think they should be good, but how should I go about this. Â*i have a 1996 galant and any feedback would be helpful and great.</div>

I wouldn't go from springs to coils but that is strictly a personal preference. I have Weapon R coils now and am absolutely tired of them.

Ideally when you drop your car (especially w/ coils) you should replace the stock shocks and struts and also buy a camber kit for the front and the back of the car unless you want to replace your tires every 6-9 months.

There are more springs out there that will give you a more aggressive drop. Sprint springs give a 1.8" drop front back. I think Intrax makes springs specifically for our cars that give a 1.5" drop.

check nopi: http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseac...wering&vaffid=0

Finally I wouldn't purchase coils off of ebay (been there done that) it's not worth it. If you're going to get coils do it right and get some Skunk 2's or Ground Control's.

If you do get rid of your springs give me a holler I might be interested depending on the type.

southboy1246
    What ever you do, don't buy ebay springs!!! I bought a pair, received them, took one look at them, and threw them somewhere wasted a hundred bucks on them, but you get what you pay for. I ended you getting the eibach pro-line kit.