The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What are the best springs to use?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    EGALANT01

What are the best springs to use?

Ok im new to the forum, im picking up my car tonight, Its a 2001 with the 4cyl. Im looking to lowerin it, but I dont wanna spend all the money in the world, what is the best spring to get, and should I get struts? I really scared to do both only cause my last car I did everything and anything to it and some idiot came off and off ramp and made an illegal left turn and totalled my car, i lost thousands of dollars. Please help thanks. Eric

8ggalant

Re: What are the best springs to use?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EGALANT01)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok im new to the forum, im picking up my car tonight, Its a 2001 with the 4cyl. Â*Im looking to lowerin it, but I dont wanna spend all the money in the world, what is the best spring to get, and should I get struts? I really scared to do both only cause my last car I did everything and anything to it and some idiot came off and off ramp and made an illegal left turn and totalled my car, i lost thousands of dollars. Â*Please help thanks. Â*Eric</div>

u do not have to get both but its recommended

check this out
    http://66.98.150.64/~clubtgc/forum/viewtop...a2fc63c9d8[img]

pm me if interested

how low did you want to drop your car?

but yea about the shocks, you don't have to get them at the same time. but the big thing about getting put on at the same time is that you save on labor. you get them put on at the same time, 1 installation charge. you put them on seperately, thats two installation charges.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

EGALANT01
    I WANTED TO DROP IT 1.5,WOULD LIKE LOWER BUT I DO A LOT OF DRIVIN IN THE CITY WITH POT HOLES AND EVERYTHING JUST ENOUGHT TO TAKE THE WHEEL GAP AWAY.

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EGALANT01)</div><div class='quotemain'>I WANTED TO DROP IT 1.5,WOULD LIKE LOWER BUT I DO A LOT OF DRIVIN IN THE CITY WITH POT HOLES AND EVERYTHING JUST ENOUGHT TO TAKE THE WHEEL GAP AWAY.</div>

Eibachs are alledgedly the best compromise between comfort and lowering height. You might also wantr to check out teins...I think there might be some cats on here w/ them, but I'm not sure.

BlankMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EGALANT01)</div><div class='quotemain'>I WANTED TO DROP IT 1.5,WOULD LIKE LOWER BUT I DO A LOT OF DRIVIN IN THE CITY WITH POT HOLES AND EVERYTHING JUST ENOUGHT TO TAKE THE WHEEL GAP AWAY.</div>

Have you looked at the gap? 1.5" won't make it go away!

Seriously, if that's all you want, then Eibach would be the way to go - as Mindless writes.

But - I gotta tell you - I was looking at the same minimal drop at first for the same reasons. I ended up putting on TEINs recently b/c I got a good deal on them and even with the 2.0 front (2.2 for V6)/1.7 rear drop - and on stock shocks for now - the ride is goooood. The gap is disappered and I am very happy with the results.

J