The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: muffler bypass

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    mjc1055

muffler bypass

Currently I do not have the funding for an aftermarket muffler, so I've come up with another plan.... having unbolted the muffler on the Galant, I've found that it doesn't sound ricey at all, nice and low... but the car just looks ghetto from behind without a muffler of some sort. So the new plan is to hook the muffler back up, but leave the mid section apart from the rear section. However, when the car is driven like that, the muffler shakes around and looks like shit. So basically, I want to find some sort of way to attach the rear and midsections of the exhaust and still allow the exhause gasses to bypass the muffler, thereby achieving the sound that I want. Does anybody have any ideas about some sort of device, something made from home depot parts or something, that would allow me to do this?

Elwenil
    Try Summit or Jegs for a bypass valve. It's cable operated, and can make your exhaust run though the factory muffler or though a dump pipe or similar. That way you can swap between open and full exhaust if there are cops around. Old as hell trick, but still pretty kewl.

if you want ghetto. take a drill bit and drill some holes into your piping. that will makes things louder. personally i wouldn't do it but i've seen it done

you can remove your resonators and replace it with piping but thats $$ there

or you can replace your muffler with str8 pipe and a pretty tip but again thats $$ there too.

my opinion on things. just save up your money and wait til you can get an aftermarket muffler.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Click here - That's what Elwenil is talking about. I thought about doing something like that at one time, but your better off just getting an aftermarket muffler like Pinoy said.