The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what kind of problems has any of you guys had with the 7g?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    :evil: I am on my third engine because twice, a Mitsubishi dealer has told me that my dirty lifters meant that my engine was bad. They replaced the last one after I had a lawyer contact them about breach of contract. A balance shaft belt snapped shortly after Mitsubishi replaced my timing belt and of course they would not cover repair costs. Most of my A/C system has been replaced. I have a sticking brake caliper, my sunvisor material has literally fallen apart, numerous dash bulbs and switches have gone bad. I drove the car away from the dealer after repairs once, only to make it a 1/2 mile before all my drive belts snapped because they forgot to tighten them as well as some suspension component that was flopping around. Now you understand why I picked my user name and if you're in or near Ft Walton Beach, FL, get your car fixed somewhere else besides the Mitsubishi dealer!

TGC Regular
    I had a trainy flush, it worked a little. Come springtime I am getting myself a toyota, I had enough.

My car is sitting at the gas station right now because a belt broke causing power steering and fan to stop working. Tomorrow morning I need to get it home and to a mechanic.
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04

Import_Beast
    What kinda toyo you planning on gettin?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I have had no problems with none of my G's except the fact that they were in accidents. As for the windows going up slow or getting stuck, get yourself a bottle of MOTHERS back to black. Works great and makes the window go up fast and easy. As far as parts for the engine every car has to have the timing and water pump changed, also belts and altenators dont last forever. I love my car even though the Mitsu name isnt what its cracked up to be(thats why my car is totally debadge front and rear).

You need to take the car to a really good mechanic not madchanics.
    One who is like a rocket scientist with cars and brainstorms ideas with it.

Hate to say but my mechanics are

1. Honda expert and occasional civic thief
    2. Old sometimey drunk mechanic(works cheap and knows his stuff).
    3. If all fails, I do the work myself and save money on the labor.

Once you have the 3 mentioned above you should have no out of the ordinary problems.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12