The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tein SS Dampers

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Tein SS Dampers

Finally the Tein SS Dampers are available for the Eclipse. I think I'm going to get them along with the pillow ball upper mounts, which is known as the Tein SS-P's. So far, the best price I have found for them is $1215 shipped, which is a pretty good price. But, if anyone else knows where to get them cheaper, please let me know.

Xska55
    cool how can i get a set

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xska55)</div><div class='quotemain'>cool how can i get Â*a set</div>

Well, I found someone who running a buy over on Club 3G and I posted to see if they would beat the price of $1215 shipped. Click here for the buy on Club 3G.

Now, the place I got the quote of $1215 shipped from is called Turbo Evolution Inc. and they have a buy going on groupbuycenter.com. I emailed them and a guy named Tony emailed me back with the quote. Tony gave me 2 numbers to call. (626)968-8711 or (626)968-2339. [email protected] is his email address.

Experienced TGC Member
    That's a good price Dave

Is that kit compatible with the EDFC? That would be the shizznit!
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Elwenil
    Yeah that would be kewl. I was going to get JIC's, but if the Teins can use their EDFC stuff, I might have to do that. Especially since Teins with the EDFC will still probably be less than the JICs...

I doubt the EDFC will be available for the Eclipse or Galant simply because there isn't enough room to fit the front units under the hood. My EVO CF hood didn't fit without cutting out parts of it so it didn't hit the top of the strut towers, so there is no way to fit the EDFC. Even with the stock hood, I don't think there is enough clearance. It would be nice to have the EDFC for the rear though since you have to remove the whole back seat to get to the damper adjustment. I was thinking of possibly cutting a hole through the rear deck lid above the rear shocks so you could get to the adjustment without taking the back seat out, but I doubt I'll really be adjusting them all that often. I wonder if the EDFC is a universal system so you could buy one from another car and try to fit it?

Experienced TGC Member
    I believe it IS universal... that's to say that they sell it by itself and I have never seen any type of application chart for it.

I had no idea you needed to remove the rear seat panels to adjust the strut damper... I would assume Tein would have a solution for that :?
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Well, what do you know. I checked Tein's website and they actually have a part number listed for the EDFC as being compatible for the Eclipse. It's EDKU1-12140. There seem to be a few different EDFC units and that is the one that apparently works for the Eclipse SS Dampers. I just wonder if the clearance would be the same for the Galant to fit the EDFC?

Elwenil
    I was wondering about this also. I think they may be able to use the EDFC, but the website doesn't show that the SS dampers can use it. The other dampers say that they are EDFC compatible in the list of their features, but the SS dampers say nothing of it. The one thing I hate about the SS dampers is that compression and rebound are not adjustable seperately. I hate that. I may end up with JICs after all. :?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elwenil)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was wondering about this also. Â*I think they may be able to use the EDFC, but the website doesn't show that the SS dampers can use it. Â*The other dampers say that they are EDFC compatible in the list of their features, but the SS dampers say nothing of it. Â*The one thing I hate about the SS dampers is that compression and rebound are not adjustable seperately. Â*I hate that. Â*I may end up with JICs after all. Â* :?</div>

That's what I thought at first, but I took a second look and the EDFC is listed for the SS Dampers for the Eclipse.

Originally I was all set on getting the JIC's, but there seems to be so many things to set up on those. I don't think I need to spend the extra money on something like that for a street car. If I were to get the JIC's I'd probably get them from Road Race Engineering and have them set them up to my preferences first.

Elwenil
    Ahhh, but all those adjustments are what make them so nice! I'm actually one of those oddball people who love to tune suspension. I find it facinating that I can get more speed out of a corner with a few tweaks on one corner of the car. Plus I don't think the SS dampers are adjustable length. With adjustable length, you can lower your ride height, without reducing your suspension travel, therefore keeping a better ride than most coilovers, and yet still getting better performance. And yeah, I'm one of those guys who spent hours tuning the suspension on cars on GT3.

mjc1055
    i dont know if the price of these dampers has been set in stone for you guys or whether or not you've bought them already, but i was surfing through http://www.raretrick.com and i saw a bunch of tein suspension for the galant, so maybe you might try checking that out real quick to see if its a comparable deal.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mjc1055)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dont know if the price of these dampers has been set in stone for you guys or whether or not you've bought them already, but i was surfing through http://www.raretrick.com and i saw a bunch of tein suspension for the galant, so maybe you might try checking that out real quick to see if its a comparable deal.</div>

Thanks for the link, I emailed them to see what kind of price they can give me.

mjc1055
    any word on prices?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mjc1055)</div><div class='quotemain'>any word on prices?</div>

No, they haven't emailed me back. I've contacted a few other places, but nobody can beat $1215 shipped. A couple places would match it, but that's it.