The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clicking when I go in reverse

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Clicking when I go in reverse

Ok it may have always done this but on my 02 I4 ES when i go in reverse it makes this ticking noise. That is the only time is does it and am wondering if someone could help me out. Thanks

tolowbass
    mine does the same i dont know if thats bad or good though

yeah mine does two... i think it means since its not put in reverse often it makes that clickin sound, cuz when i do it again for a second time it doesnt do it .

What you are hearing is very normal, there is absolutely nothing wrong. Although the heart of any transmission is mechanical, there are electronic components that drive it. In essence, all you are hearing is the tranny electronically shifting from one gear to the next.

As a test, you can turn your key to the run position (but do not start) and shift from park to reverse, from reverse to drive. You'll hear this noise you are describing very clearly without the engine running (especially if you are in an enclosed area like a garage). You'll be amazed.

Faction
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mdavisii)</div><div class='quotemain'>What you are hearing is very normal, there is absolutely nothing wrong. Â*Although the heart of any transmission is mechanical, there are electronic components that drive it. Â*In essence, all you are hearing is the tranny electronically shifting from one gear to the next. Â*

As a test, you can turn your key to the run position (but do not start) and shift from park to reverse, from reverse to drive. Â*You'll hear this noise you are describing very clearly without the engine running (especially if you are in an enclosed area like a garage). Â*You'll be amazed.</div>

reverse is only one gear buddy, transmission cant be shifting gears in reverse and of course you'll hear something with the car off and the key in the on position, thats the shifter cable moving around

and this guy was talking about going in reverse, or if ur talking about the foward gears, i get what you mean.

Yeah, I've heard this too, I think its some electrical component. It must be normal because I have never had any prpblems with my tranny. And who really guns it in reverse anyways.
    Love,
    Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'> And who really guns it in reverse anyways.</div>

peter does...remember he even sprayed in reverse lol

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I get that clicking noise too. It happens when shifting from park to reverse after the car has been sitting for a while, but it doesn't click when driving in reverse. It doesn't always do it though. Also, it seems that if I ease my foot off of the brake while shifting in reverse, there is no clicking noise.

Re: Clicking when I go in reverse

I get this clicking too, but not only in reverse. It's usually after the car's been sitting for a while. I don't think it's bad, cause the car drives fine. It started like over a year ago seldomly, and now it's every time. Maybe manybrews could say sth about this.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok it may have always done this but on my 02 I4 ES when i go in reverse it makes this ticking noise. That is the only time is does it and am wondering if someone could help me out. Thanks</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kamilw)</div><div class='quotemain'>I get this clicking too, but not only in reverse. Â*It's usually after the car's been sitting for a while. Â*I don't think it's bad, cause the car drives fine. Â*It started like over a year ago seldomly, and now it's every time. Â*Maybe manybrews could say sth about this.

</div>

it could be lifter tick. does it do it when its moving too or just sitting? mine did it when it was moving and it was caused by a bad flex plate. replaced under warranty ov course

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kamilw)</div><div class='quotemain'>I get this clicking too, but not only in reverse. Â*It's usually after the car's been sitting for a while. Â*I don't think it's bad, cause the car drives fine. Â*It started like over a year ago seldomly, and now it's every time. Â*Maybe manybrews could say sth about this.

</div>

it could be lifter tick. does it do it when its moving too or just sitting? mine did it when it was moving and it was caused by a bad flex plate. replaced under warranty ov course</div>

There is only one click when shifting into reverse, that's all. There is no clicking when moving.

No, it's only a single click when you first put gear either in drive or reverse. It doesn't click while it's moving, nor if you change gears second time. Only after sitting for a while.

I guess it's nothing...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kamilw)</div><div class='quotemain'>I get this clicking too, but not only in reverse. Â*It's usually after the car's been sitting for a while. Â*I don't think it's bad, cause the car drives fine. Â*It started like over a year ago seldomly, and now it's every time. Â*Maybe manybrews could say sth about this.

</div>

it could be lifter tick. does it do it when its moving too or just sitting? mine did it when it was moving and it was caused by a bad flex plate. replaced under warranty ov course</div>