The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How To Clean The Headlights

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

How To Clean The Headlights

The headlights on my car look ashy lol. Its all fogged up i guess on the inside of the headlights and i was wondering how would I go about cleaning the inside of the headlights without having to take them out the front bumper.

mjc1055
    i dont think your going to be able to get inside the headlights without taking them out of the bumper, so i'd think your pretty much out of luck there. i'd definately check it out though, that probably means you've got a crack in them somewhere that moisture is getting in through

Oh..........i thought they would have like some kind of spray use to spray inside of the headlights if you take out the lights 1st. But if not i will take it to the dealership.........thanx mjc1055

before i head to the dealership i'd first try to identify the actual problem.

the outside of the headlight has lots of microscopic scratches on them, making the headlight look frosted. easiest solution, there's numerous plastic polishes out there that should take away most of the scratches. if it is really bad, you might have to wetsand before you use the plastic polish.

the plastic used for the clear part of the headlight has turned yellow. this is due to condensation buildup in the headlight. easiest solution is to buy a new headlight. you can get a new headlight at the dealer, ebay, and numerous vendors out there that also sell aftermarket, oem style headlights.

there is condensation buildup in the headllight. there's no easy solution to this. you have to remove the headlight and take it inside of the house. let the headlight dry out completely before installation. if you think the headlight is cracked and you want to find it, fill up the headlight with distilled water and see where the water leaks out. also, check the seals where the bulbs go into the headlight. make sure that they are still good. but yea, no matter what, don't put the headlights back onto the car without letting them dry completely.

and finally, your headlights are dirty inside. doesn't happen too often but it can. just remove the headlights from the car. brign them inside and wash them out with some distilled water. use distilled water because it won't leave spots when it dries up. let the headlights dry fully. and then reinstall

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

well one of my headlights got fogged up, i think its because one of the covers to the back of the headlight is kinda loose.

but i was thinkin maybe i can get like a hanger and stretch it out and put a rag at the end to maybe reach the inside............ u guys think it will work?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Well if i were you i would just either get a new headlight or go for gusto and take off the bumper, remove the headlight, heat it up and open it up.

Lots of work yes i know but while your at it clear em out at the same time.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    Well if i were you i would just either get a new headlight or go for gusto and take off the bumper, remove the headlight, heat it up and open it up.

Lots of work yes i know but while your at it clear em out at the same time.
    there already cleared

and what i really need is just the main headlight bulb cap that goes in the back, because mine doesnt have that rubber band lookin thing to make if fit snug