The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sway bar bushings

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Sway bar bushings

I wanted to get some energy suspenion sway bar bushings for my 2002 ES I4 but I wanted to see whats the size I need? 18mm or 19mm?
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

Aftermarket sway bars usually come with polyurethane bushings, so I'd get a new bar for the rear, then keep the stock front sway bar and just change those bushings. I believe the front sway bar is 16mm.

But, you are probably saying, "the only rear sway bar available is the ST one for the Eclipse and I don't want to have to cut off or hammer down the jack point that is in the way on the Galant." Well, I've got a rear sway bar shipping to me as we speak that is supposedly meant to fit the 99-03 Galants. I should be getting it any day now. It's 22mm just like the ST one. Hopefully it fits.

If I wanted to keep the stock rear sway bar whch size would I need? Energy has the option of 18mm and 19mm. How much does a newer sway bar cost?
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'>If I wanted to keep the stock rear sway bar whch size would I need? Â*Energy has the option of 18mm and 19mm. Â*How much does a newer sway bar cost?</div>

I'm not 100% sure if anything changed for the 2002-2003 models, but for the 1999-2001 models, the rear would be 19mm for the GTZ and 18mm for the rest (except the DE, which doesn't have a rear sway bar). If nothing has changed, you want the 18mm bushings.

The rear sway bar I just ordered lists for $169, but I was offered a much cheaper price because I'm being the guinea pig to see if it actually fits. The Suspension Techniques rear sway bar for the Eclipse can usually be bought for around $145, but like I said it doesn't fit the Galant without cutting away or banging flat the jack point on the spare tire well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>but like I said it doesn't fit the Galant without cutting away or banging flat the jack point on the spare tire well.</div>

haha well thats good I don't do that seeing I have a custom bass chamber built in that area.....
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net