The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant Engine Swap

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Galant Engine Swap

Hello there, i have just bought a 1997 mitsubishi Eclipse GS Engine with a tranny 56K so do you think i can swap it in or not??

Mindless
    Dude, you've got the "Unicorn" of 7g's. GS galant = 4G64 DOHC. I'd keep that engine in there.

xpldy
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dude, you've got the "Unicorn" of 7g's. GS galant = 4G64 DOHC. I'd keep that engine in there.</div>
    no, i think he means that he BOUGHT a 97 eclipse gs engine and wants to know if he can swap it into the galant

no guys its a 97 eclipse GS engine with a trany

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xpldy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dude, you've got the "Unicorn" of 7g's. GS galant = 4G64 DOHC. I'd keep that engine in there.</div>
    no, i think he means that he BOUGHT a 87 eclipse gs engine and wants to know if he can swap it into the galant</div>

duh, all I saw was "GS" and I lost all brain power...lol.

Yeah you can swap it in there.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xpldy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dude, you've got the "Unicorn" of 7g's. GS galant = 4G64 DOHC. I'd keep that engine in there.</div>
    no, i think he means that he BOUGHT a 87 eclipse gs engine and wants to know if he can swap it into the galant</div>

Yeah you can swap it in there.</div>

No you can't. The GS and the RS eclipse have the chrysler engine, very different from the 4g64/4g63. And even if you were to swap it, the GS and the galant have a completely different drivetrain. Not even worth it. I've smoked so many GS's and RS's in my mom's stock galant it's not even funny.

when is we gon be free????

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hodgson316)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xpldy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dude, you've got the "Unicorn" of 7g's. GS galant = 4G64 DOHC. I'd keep that engine in there.</div>

Yeah you can swap it in there.</div>

No you can't. The GS and the RS eclipse have the chrysler engine, very different from the 4g64/4g63. And even if you were to swap it, the GS and the galant have a completely different drivetrain. Not even worth it. I've smoked so many GS's and RS's in my mom's stock galant it's not even funny. </div>

that's right...I forgot about that. Thanks for the correction.

so what will i need to do an engine swap to my galant, iam looking at those engines on ebay they got some nice 4g63t with only 55 k on them

Dark Anghell
    Step 1: Use the search button, because I know I have brought up this topic numerous times, and so did some of the other members.

When you buy the engine, make sure you get the wiring harness at the very least, and the ecu. Oh, and make sure it comes with a turbo, sometimes they don't include that.
    Other things you will need:
    New hoses
    Intake, intercooler piping
    Intercooler
    5-speed is preferred, but not nessesary
    This is all that i can think of. If you buy JDM motor and harness, you will need to extend the wiring harness for sure (had to do it on my friends 240sx, and on a prelude), so it's a pain in the ass, but there's no way around that.
    If your car is allready a 5-speed, then you might want to install a new clutch made for eclipse turbo from any year. ACT works great, and you can get anything from ACT 2100 to ACT2600 with extreme pressure plate.
    In my opinion, if you can get a whole front clip, it will make your life a lot easier, because then you can swap radiator, you will have the intercooler, wiring harness, ecu, and some JDM goodies you can sell to the 6g members on this board.

would there be anyway some one can have help me do this?? i mean like come down to the states drop my car to one of u guys? how long will it take to be done?

hi there, i have been looking on ebay again, i found this engine it also comes with a AWD tranny does anyone know if the tranny will fit on the galant or not?

here is a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2456316084