The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: another engine/head swap question

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    galantin

another engine/head swap question

the 1g six-bolt motor seems to be the best choice for an engine swap, but can the 2g ecu be used on a 1g motor/head with 1g sensors? and why do you have to plug the extra oil drain holes in the 4g64 block? all they are used for is draining oil and the crankcase isnt under pressure so why not just slap the head gasket on there and call it a day? the gasket would seal out the crank case fumes so why plug it? i am debating on 1g or 2g head swap or just go 1g complete motor, but i want to use a 2g turbo ecu.

Dark Anghell
    From what one of my friends told me, it is better to never upen up your engine. I was also going to swap the head...actually i was going to slowly build one up, port it etc. and then install it into my car. But according to the guy (he works as automechaninc, and is in engineering major) as soon as you open up the engine, it will loose all of its strenght. A lot of dsm guys upgrade their heads or install higher compr. pistons, and within months to a year the engine goes out.

So in my opinion it is better to go for the 6-bolt motor. Plus I see you're running a 14b, so you want the compression as los as possible, with a 4g64 block and DOHC head, the CR will go up to about 10:1 maybe 10.5:1, so you will blow the engine in no time. This is why hondas can't be turbo'ed for ever. If you do have the bread...go for the 4g63, you'll be happier in the long run. Plus you'll be able to push 300-350 horses without any problems...well besides traction

As for the ECU, why not go with EPROM, you'll have a better luck with this one. Plus it plugs into the harness without any problems.

Dark Anghell
    From what one of my friends told me, it is better to never upen up your engine. I was also going to swap the head...actually i was going to slowly build one up, port it etc. and then install it into my car. But according to the guy (he works as automechaninc, and is in engineering major) as soon as you open up the engine, it will loose all of its strenght. A lot of dsm guys upgrade their heads or install higher compr. pistons, and within months to a year the engine goes out.

So in my opinion it is better to go for the 6-bolt motor. Plus I see you're running a 14b, so you want the compression as los as possible, with a 4g64 block and DOHC head, the CR will go up to about 10:1 maybe 10.5:1, so you will blow the engine in no time. This is why hondas can't be turbo'ed for ever. If you do have the bread...go for the 4g63, you'll be happier in the long run. Plus you'll be able to push 300-350 horses without any problems...well besides traction

Oh and as for the ecu, why not use the EPROM? It's the same wiring harness.