The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: crank pulleys... updated

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

crank pulleys... updated

found something interesting as i was browsing @ unorthodoxracing.com... the crank pulley is the exact same one as the 90-94 eclipse as well as the 95 to 99 turbo eclipse... looked in ebay and found alot of people are selling same pulleys for eclises for only 60 bucks instead of 2 bills
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

TGC Regular
    Cool, I saw that too. I got my entire UR pulley set for $200

when is we gon be free????

damn freaking ahhhhh.... bought them pulley off ebay n F*** shit pissed me off.... work on my car for 4 hours just trying to put on the crank pulley..... pulled off the belts like in 30 mins and then took me another 30 mins trying to take off the stock one.... once that was off i was hella pissed when i found out it couldnt slide in... the big bolt was blocking the way.... the chassy was too close to the bolt by only 1 F*** milimeter... (sorry guysi am very stressed out ) spent another hour trying to bend the chassy with this wrech i had n hammering it out... then i said F this dissapointed i put all the f*** stock shit back on for another 30 mins :evil: raaaaahhhh :evil: :evil: how many minutes is that??.... ahhh whatever................

TGC Regular
    I don't know if yours came w/ instructions, but mine told me to take off the mounts and jack the engine up. It is wayyyy to small of a place to fit that pulley in. Just an option

read the instructions from unorthodox... on its site... said nothing bout lifting the engine up... :evil: but i might just pay somebody to install it for me... or i might sell it for lyke 40 bucks i dunno .... :cry:

Mindless
    yeah to install the crank pulley you have to take out the drivers side engine mount and lower the engine so you can take the crank pulley off.

damn... i new i shouldve asked u guys first.... soo wait to i raise the engine or lower the engine... im getting confused wit ur guys's answer...

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    damn... i new i shouldve asked u guys first.... soo wait to i raise the engine or lower the engine... im getting confused wit ur guys's answer...
    scroll down to my post:

http://66.98.150.64/~clubtgc/forum/viewtop...58da62c95720e3e

TGC Regular
    :oops: It wouod be alot easier to just drop it

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgson316
    :oops: It wouod be alot easier to just drop it
    that's what I'm saying in my post.

there are only two bolts on the right side for the mounts right??? and the bolt is upsidedown soo the nuts are the only one showing right??? ohhh ya can i use the the small pump jack to raise the front of the car... think its rated 2000 lbs... or am i better off using the bigger jacks to raise n lower the engine....???

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    there are only two bolts on the right side for the mounts right??? and the bolt is upsidedown soo the nuts are the only one showing right??? ohhh ya can i use the the small pump jack to raise the front of the car... think its rated 2000 lbs... or am i better off using the bigger jacks to raise n lower the engine....???
    I don't remember the config. of the bolts, but you'll know the engine mount when you see it.

By "small pump jack" do you mean the jack that's in your trunk? If so then no. I don't know that there is a jack point up front for that small jack. And you def. need a floor jack for the engine. It would be a total pain in the ass trying to hand crank the jack while you're laying down halfway beneath the car.

umm this is what i think it is...

and im refering to a small hydrolic pump that you buy at the autostore

hey what is the one i circled???? thats where i unbolt right??? i was lifting up the engine like u guys said wit a piece of wood n then some stuff started leaking alot n then stopped .... i thought i broke the oil pan... i traced the fluid n pretty sure it came from there....soo i dunno shit im scared now...the fluid didnt smell like oil either...it was just brown

finally installed it thanks guys... found out it was water that was just stored up in the joints when i was cleaning my engine long time ago...

do any of you guys have any pics of what you installed? if so, can you please post them please. thanks