The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GTZ upgrade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    TWISTED II
    tell him to trade cars with me and gimme a couple grand. then he can supercharge my car and get a lot more power out of it.

Faction
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mjc1055)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vic_v_jr)</div><div class='quotemain'>That's interesting. Â*Was it the Evo 7 or Evo 8 engine or are they the same engine?</div>

to the extent of my knowledge, the 7 and 8 do not share the same motor, there are some differences, although nothing drastic. i don't know which produces more power, either, although i seem to remember hearing that the 8 has more. anyway, clay didnt swap in an 8, i dont actually know what evo motor he swapped in. anyway, check out http://www.galantspeed.com, i think he at least somewhat documented the install, or at the very least, posted exactly what motor it was that he installed. he is also a member on these boards, you could pm him, i think his handle is UncleMeat.</div>

wait wait bro, the EVO 7 and 8 share the same 4G63 engine, but i believe clay did a EVO 4

mjc1055
    do they? i could be wrong but i thought that i read that there were some differences. i'll see if i can find out.

mjc1055
    yeah you're right, they share the same motor, or as far as i could tell form searching anyway..

Gilhuly
    If the motor sounds good, leave it. LSD, upgraded torque converter and valvebody on tranny, tranny cooler, SDS, headers, bushings, motor mounts, springs, performance struts/shocks, good rubber. When the motor goes in 50k or so, rebuild it w/ RPW stuff including better cam shafts, larger TB etc

Elwenil
    In my opinion, with that mileage, I'd rebuild it for the SDS. Rebuilding it with lower compression will allow him to run much more boost from SDS and then make a lot more power in the long run. Talk to Ripp about the internals, and what compression would be best. They should be able to reccomend a few things. Plus with the rebuild, he won't be running on worn parts and stressing them beyond their endurance. Rebuild it now with forged stuff so he doesn't toss a rod later. A block with a hole in it is only good for a boat anchor. Oh and definately do the manual swap. I believe Matt is going to swap now, and the manual should take all the power he can put to it. Half shafts will break long before the tranny will.

last i recall any evo 4-8 engine is ok. only the evo 4 engine has been done (by Clay) successfully no one that i have heard of has tried any evo 5-8 engines as a swap.
    Home sweet Home

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Evofreak7)</div><div class='quotemain'>last i recall any evo 4-8 engine is ok. only the evo 4 engine has been done (by Clay) successfully no one that i have heard of has tried any evo 5-8 engines as a swap.</div>

and if im not mistaken clay had a 4cly...

so yea...twisted is sellin his block....id say road trip whatcha think vic...yer boy should jump all over that....all he wants is 1g and the motor....worth imo

mjc1055
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Evofreak7)</div><div class='quotemain'>last i recall any evo 4-8 engine is ok. only the evo 4 engine has been done (by Clay) successfully no one that i have heard of has tried any evo 5-8 engines as a swap.</div>

</div>

i remember reading some of his posts over on the OTHER forum and i think i remember reading that its not a problem to swap a 4cyl into a formerly v6 car.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mjc1055)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Evofreak7)</div><div class='quotemain'>last i recall any evo 4-8 engine is ok. only the evo 4 engine has been done (by Clay) successfully no one that i have heard of has tried any evo 5-8 engines as a swap.</div>

</div>

i remember reading some of his posts over on the OTHER forum and i think i remember reading that its not a problem to swap a 4cyl into a formerly v6 car.</div>

correct.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Im surprised nobody has mentioned this key fact..why not buy a 6g72 from a junk yard and build that up..that way you cut down on down time. then you can bore it out, hell do a dohc swap while your at it...hey itsonly money lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>Im surprised nobody has mentioned this key fact..why not buy a 6g72 from a junk yard and build that up..that way you cut down on down time. then you can bore it out, hell do a dohc swap while your at it...hey itsonly money lol</div>

the best chance of getting a hold of one of those is when the 4G eclipse comes out and the 3G eclipses reach the junk yards.

or you could be like me and just wait till the Mitsubishi plant in Normal gets rid of there 3G eclipse leftovers to make room for the new 4G models.
    Home sweet Home

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Evofreak7)</div><div class='quotemain'>

the best chance of getting a hold of one of those is when the 4G eclipse comes out and the 3G eclipses reach the junk yards. Â*

or you could be like me and just wait till the Mitsubishi plant in Normal gets rid of there 3G eclipse leftovers to make room for the new 4G models. Â*:D</div>

Not everyone is as lucky as you are to be in that situation just to have unused parts handed to them on a silver platter!

As for that 4g eclipse, I have to disagree yes its a much better motor but why not just gut the hell out of a 6g72 that you got for a cheap price? Honestly I havent paid attention to the 4g eclipse to much to know its strengths.

mjc1055
    Wait a second. I think I might be being naive here, but the 4g is still a concept, isn't it? Hybrid gas-electric motor, like 400 awhp? lol I don't think anybody knows the strengths of it, except maybe mitsu engineers..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mjc1055)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wait a second. I think I might be being naive here, but the 4g is still a concept, isn't it? Hybrid gas-electric motor, like 400 awhp? lol I don't think anybody knows the strengths of it, except maybe mitsu engineers..</div>

im not talkin about taking 4G parts im talkin about taken 3G parts once the new Eclipse comes out. It will be cheaper and easyer to get awholed of the older model stuff.
    Home sweet Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12