The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rotor upgrade

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Rotor upgrade

Sup dudes,
    I got a 97 Galant ES. When I hit the brakes at 60-100 mph, the front wheels vibrate big time. As soon as my foot comes up off the brake pad, the vibration stops. I replaced the front rotors and it was fine the first 2 or 3 high speed stops. Then after that I was back to square 1.

Now, Im thinking of upgrading to slotted rotors. I am looking to stop this stupid vibration, and the added performance would be a nice bonus. I have searched the archives here and so far I see 2 options:

Switch to Eclipse Hubs, then buy big AEM slotted rotors for the Eclipse
    (which model eclipses will these fit off of? 1g or 2g)

or

Buy these

http://www.ptuning.com/html/search-result....Range=&Keyword=
    Im looking at the ones that cost like $93. Theyre on the ptuning site, looks like they're made by Power SLot (?)

Now my question is, does anyone have any experience with either of these setups?? Has anyone else had this vibratin problem? I have had my wheels balanced of course so I know its not that. Alignment too.

Does anyone have
    blah blah blah

By the way. My rotors are OEM replacements from Advance. Theyre kinda cheap. Remember, my main objective is to stop the high speed vibration
    blah blah blah

have you gotten your steering/suspenson checked? i might be wrong, but i have a similar problem. and when i went last week to get my oil changed i was told that my inner and outer tie rods where bad. so i would suggest you get your car checked at a machanic on the steering and suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Ositoyb
    have you gotten your steering/suspenson checked? i might be wrong, but i have a similar problem. and when i went last week to get my oil changed i was told that my inner and outer tie rods where bad. so i would suggest you get your car checked at a machanic on the steering and suspension.
    Thats weird. I have never heard of tie rods wearing out unless youre in an accident. Was he talking about the ball joints or bushings in the rods or the actual rods themselves? This is something id definately look at since its looking like to upgrade the brakes is gonna cost a lot of $$$$$$$$
    blah blah blah

brandon
    Aren't the rotors in that pic 5 lug?

I know Brembo makes some cross drilled and slotted rotors (which are still sitting in my room from like 3 months ago... stupid snow)

Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    Aren't the rotors in that pic 5 lug?

I know Brembo makes some cross drilled and slotted rotors (which are still sitting in my room from like 3 months ago... stupid snow)
    the picture is just a gernal pic used for advertising.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I have my DBA's
    I <3 them....

and Would reccomend them to ANYONE
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulbunyan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thats weird. I have never heard of tie rods wearing out unless youre in an accident. Was he talking about the ball joints or bushings in the rods or the actual rods themselves? This is something id definately look at since its looking like to upgrade the brakes is gonna cost a lot of $$$$$$$$</div>

yea bud, the actual tie rod. i can take a pic of them(i already replaced them with new inner and outter tie rods, but still have the old ones) if you would like. the boots on teh tie rods were broken, which made my steering a lil wobbly.