The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: XENON Bright White Bulbs (Blue Tip) for 2003 Galant

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    GTZ2003

XENON Bright White Bulbs (Blue Tip) for 2003 Galant

Does anyone know why the Xenon Bulbs for the headlamps
    keep burning out? The fogs work fine.

When I replace them back to factory bulbs no problems.

Any other bright white bulbs with no issues?

SilverKnight
    my driverside one went out last night and about 2 months ago on the other side. dont know what to do either

hmm inferior bulbs will burn out often. maybe try getting a quality bulb possibly.

maybe you have issues with the install. for example touching the glass on the bulb will decrease the life span of the bulb.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Calipso
    I haven't had any problems yet with my Xenon's but when I do I'm going right for the Sylvania Superstar's.

SilverKnight
    i never thought of not touching the bulbs but the last time the bulb blew it blew a small hole on the side of the light, the bulb did not crack or break just a small hole. any thoughts guys.

GTZ2003
    The first set I has were Hyper Whites and they lasted longer.

The most common symptoms are they wrok fine for the first night
    and then when I turn them on again one is out until I tap it lightly
    behind the harness. That will work for a couple days until it burns
    out completely.

tim888tim
    Like pinoyesv6 said, touching the bulbs is one of the easiest ways to shorten the life of your bulb. The oils from your skin will destroy the glass. Next time you install bulbs, use cotton gloves. This will most like solve your problem.

yep, like they said the oils on your hands will cause the bulb to burn out!!!

try going to the TGC FL MEET and learning - - -u never came to the last one - -- oh i forgot,nevamind
    Semper Fi'

Well it might not be the bulbs it might be the harness, I did that until my harness was smoking than replaced them with heavy duty harness, I am not the only pearson with this problem, Danj and also Jaydee have both had this problem, Danj just started getting them jay ahd replaced both his ahrnesses a while back, me I just replaced mine this weekend.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

splashdoggie
    1. Don't touch the bulbs, if you do, clean w/ alcohol.
    2. Don't buy cheap bulbs. Sylvania Silverstars are best for $$.. PIAA's work well too but cost twice as much. I got 12 months out of my PIAA's. Gonna try Silverstars now for $30 a pair (after rebate) at partsamerica.com. They use slightly higher voltage than the PIAAs so they should be at least as bright.

Calipso
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(splashdoggie)</div><div class='quotemain'>1. Don't touch the bulbs, if you do, clean w/ alcohol.
    2. Don't buy cheap bulbs. Â*Sylvania Silverstars are best for $$.. PIAA's work well too but cost twice as much. Â*I got 12 months out of my PIAA's. Â*Gonna try Silverstars now for $30 a pair (after rebate) at partsamerica.com. Â*They use slightly higher voltage than the PIAAs so they should be at least as bright.</div>

You realize how old this thread is?

splashdoggie
    Well, now I do! I thought it was on the first page so I guess I assumed it was recent. Info still applies though. Wal-mart lamps last a month, expensive ones can last almost a year.

-A :twisted:

kidrocking79
    I had 7000k bulbs that I bought on Ebay last me a year until drivers side blew out. I only paid like 5 bucks for them plus like another 6 bucks for shipping so about 11 bucks.. not bad if you ask me for 11 bucks.

kidrocking79
    Oh.. and I got a ?... I just cleared my corners today. (did a really shitty job at it too.. cracked the inside, crazyglued it back, but if you really look at it, it looks like shit, thinking about just getting some new headlights n doing it again.. right this time!) and I wanna know if I should change the yellow light bulb to a clear one.. is this illegal in NY? does anyone know.. I would hate to get pulled over for a stupid clear headlight.. but then again. It looks cool

Quote Originally Posted by kidrocking79
    Oh.. and I got a ?... I just cleared my corners today. (did a really shitty job at it too.. cracked the inside, crazyglued it back, but if you really look at it, it looks like shit, thinking about just getting some new headlights n doing it again.. right this time!) and I wanna know if I should change the yellow light bulb to a clear one.. is this illegal in NY? does anyone know.. I would hate to get pulled over for a stupid clear headlight.. but then again. It looks cool
    I feel ya, mines looks shitty too....
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

i have apc titanium bulbs. its an amber bulb but it has a special coating on it that make it look kinda chromeish on the outside. its like chromeish when its off but it shines a legal amber color when it is on. about 5-6 dollars a bulb. it also comes in other colors if amber isn't your thing.

here's a site that shows a comparison. not on a galant but same effect
    http://homepage.mac.com/georgeryon/Audi/Ph...otoAlbum37.html

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

or you could just go with the silverstar 1157s and get the best bulb for the $ and a lifetime warranty

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    If you have hyperwhite corner bulbs, NY cops dont say anything.. just don't be dumb and have stock headlights and hyperwhite corner bulbs or they will look blue.. any color besides yellow is frowned upon my Mr. Man.