The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 450CC incjectors will they fit?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

450CC incjectors will they fit?

hi there, i was wondering if those would fit on a 94 galant and if so, will they make any differance?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2455766240

mjc1055
    if you buy those and throw them onto your motor, first of all i doubt your stock fuel pump would be able to handle flowing that much fuel to those injectors, and second of all, if for some reason it could, your engine would die every 3 seconds from running way too rich. you dont need better fuel injectors until you've significantly upped the power output of your engine, like through forced induction

galantin
    you will see no gain unless you actually need them like goin forced induction, my stock injectors/pump ran out at like 2-3 psi. you want to use the 2g as they will bolt right in, the 1g will work, but a little more difficult to use with the stock galant fuel rail. do not install injectors with out an afc to compensate, or like mjc said it will run way too rich (450s are about 35% bigger than out stockers) even then its hard to tune it properly as the computer is seeing less air and the timing and fuel maps become a little off. if you go low boost turbo, your stock fuel pump should be fine with a re-wire and an FMU. so unless you have FI or major motor mods dont mess with you injectors

Experienced TGC Member
    Never heard of there being any difference between the 1g and 2g injectors, as far as I know they are all the same size and will work with any DSM fuel rail.

However non of the 450cc or the 390cc (1g a/t turbo injectors) will just directly drop in, you have to wire in the Resistor Pack from the 1g/2g cars becuase the 450cc/390cc are low impedence, if you just plugged them in to your stock Galant harness they would burn out.

There is no need for them anyway unless you are turbo or are doing an ecu swap, and you must have an afc. Your gonna have the upper end of the afc set to -25% wich is a huge cut considering AFC max out at like
    -30%...
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Moosh
    Don't the s-afc2 max out at about -+50%?

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Moosh)</div><div class='quotemain'>Don't the s-afc2 max out at about -+50%?</div>

Uh ye... You forget I been working with the original AFC for 2years until this week I finaly got an SAFC2. The 5 knob AFC max's out at +-25%.

SAFC2 is Well worth the money!!

Besides I dropped the 450s for 390cc instead to make my life easier.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon