The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: weired sound from the front driver wheel

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    Pimpster

weired sound from the front driver wheel

Hi All,
    I have noticed recently that there is a funny rubbing sound coming from my front left wheel. It is a 2003 gtz. I took off the wheel, checked the brake pads, checked for rubbing marks etc. Did not see anything. I used a brake cleaning liqyuid to clean the pads and the caliper and assembled everything back. I still here this faint ssk ssk ssk sound that comes when the tire makes a full rotation. I verifies it comes only from the front left wheel... any ideas guys? my tires are practically brand new, wheels dont even have the slightest damage. What could be causing this ? the nearest dealer is 75 miles away so i dont want to drive all the way to find it was something stupid. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

cv joint?

you check the tire pressure?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Pimpster
    yes i checked the pressure.... are the stock goodyear tires shit ??? what do you guys think about the " NT 450 Extreme Performance
    Ultra high performance in all seasons V-speed rated." tires?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    check the water guard a.k.a. dust shield, it might be rubbing the rotor.
    but it sounds like the pads to me.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

so to clarify, you hear a "ssk" sound everytime the tire rotates once? do you hear it at all speeds?

Pimpster
    yes, but its not noticable at faster speeds. i took it in to a good year dealer, he checked the tire and said the tire is fine. He said it could be the calipers not releasing all the way after braking causing the pads to rub with the rotars. He also mentioned that my front rotors were extremely hot and the rear ones were cool, I dont know if that has any bearings. Bootom line he checked the tire and said he does not see any seperation. Any more ideas guys?

Galant01
    yea, i had the same problem. Check for brake pads. Also what bronxbombr send...check your dust guard. Mine sound came right after i installed my suspension and I think i may have bent the guard so that it was rubbing on the inside of the rotor...so check that.

midwestgalant
    did you make any hard hard stops?? i did that one time slid 105 foot 2 solid blackmarks wrarped my rotors, and i heard that sound until i changed my pads and rotors

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    it definatly is a brake issue. it's probably your rotors are either warped or some how damaged on the surface. since it's a 2003, you still have warranty, take it to the dealer. i hate saying that, cause they never do anything right, but it's their job hope that helps
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Pimpster
    OK, here is what I found out. It was'nt the brakes nor the pads nor the guard rubbing against the rotors. Its the stupid, useless, junk STOCK GOODYEAR tires. What I am experiencing is a "KNOWN" Swush problem with the tire. Currrently I am having it only one tire. I confirmed the problem by moving the tire to the back and now the sound comes from the rear. Took it to Goodyear, and they say since there is no physical damage they cannot do anything but "sell" me a new tire to fix the noise. That pissed me royally. I aint buying goodyear tires ever. This Swush problem is apparently caused by seperation in a tire, but they will only replace the tire if they can physically see the problem. And offcourse Mitsubishi ain't doing jack about it either.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    goodyear = badyear

seperation in the tire? my friend's Audi had one of Falken's seperate on him on the highway....with me in the passenger seat. you will want to replace that tire. now.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

GTZeeya44
    Happy i found this post im having the same problem with the front left it sort of sounds like a metal on metal sound and its only when i accelerate you can hear it the most at around 35 + my mechanic will be taking it sometime this week so i can relay this to him