The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 Outlander NON MIVEC Engine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underated
    how did the swap go Kalamidad?
    my swap went well. No SES light or anything. but it is now three months later and it cracked again, thus i'm in these old threads again. I ended up using an 8g intake mani back in dec. i really wasn't planning for this, but i'm going to have to try something different. The reason i think they keep breaking on my is because i broke the bolt that hold the intake to the block and just have it zip tied to the battery clamp so there is too much movement.

maybe i just need a new car. *shakes head in disappointment*
    -Pedro

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    Quote Originally Posted by underated
    how did the swap go Kalamidad?
    my swap went well. No SES light or anything. but it is now three months later and it cracked again, thus i'm in these old threads again. I ended up using an 8g intake mani back in dec. i really wasn't planning for this, but i'm going to have to try something different. The reason i think they keep breaking on my is because i broke the bolt that hold the intake to the block and just have it zip tied to the battery clamp so there is too much movement.

maybe i just need a new car. *shakes head in disappointment*
    woah woah, you broke the outlander manifold?!?!?!?

naw i think he broke another stock manifold, it would take alot to break an outlander manifold
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    it was a galant. You reading drunk again? lol
    -Pedro

Is it me or are you guys with CAI doing more breaking of the intakes? I definetly think Ill stick with my ebay filter and adapter now.

I did the swap, but the tps that came with the TB is bad and i have the galants on right now. And when i step on it my car is slow! what would cause it do be slow? Is that because of the tps or i read u need the throttle cable and idk if the auto shop knew that but does any one know why it would make my car have very bad accel.??????

Edit: When i step on it 1 out of 3 times it will give good accel. but it will jerk and rev. which sounds like tps, any of you that had ridden on ur galants tps have the same things or did you still get your accel all the time just revs and jerks?
    Last edited by jonk8123; 05-31-2008 at 07:24 PM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

anyone know? Im ordering the tps tomorrow just want to make sure putting the outlander mani didnt make my car slow forever:(

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

you need the the outlander or evo TPS and you need to swap the wires around inside the connector or else your car will not run correctly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Where is the best place to find all these parts? My intake mani ate shit 2 days ago and none of the junk yards in my area have a 2003 outlander. I know the dealership is gonna charge me an ass ton of cash for all of these so thats out of the question.
    2002 Mits Galant ES

Check it out.
    http://www.myspace.com/shaft101

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Prob a NOOB question, but why is it that we can only use the 2003 Non-Mivec IM?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12