The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Galant owner, bad vibration :/

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    blu3waffleZ

New Galant owner, bad vibration :/

Hey people, I just bought a 2000 8g 2.4 from a friend, and he was been doing a lot of work on it, but there is a nasty vibration/grinding noise when you start from a stop, or when under hard acceleration and it shifts (only lower rev range)
    Seems to be coming from the drivers side, and all passengers can feel it in their feet. If you take off very gently it doesn't seem to do it nearly as bad, barely hear it at all. We've both been trying to figure out what it is, as it has new strut mounts and motor mounts. Any clue? CV issues? Thanks!

does the car vibrate in park or nuetral?
    or does it vibrate in drive?

Almost seems like a cv problem but need more info. What speeds does it happen? Do you have to be moving? In gear?

same problem

I have a 1999 gtz, i lower the car today, i am using mitsubishi eclipse 1992 springs and the car feel very good, like stock, i first change the pasanger side and drive the to see how it work, then a put the driver side, and a wierd vibration start when accelerate the car but at hi speed the vibration stop. Please helppp

ur using 1992 eclipse springs on a 1999 GTZ? are u crazy?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Raul_GTZ View Post
    I have a 1999 gtz, i lower the car today, i am using mitsubishi eclipse 1992 springs and the car feel very good, like stock, i first change the pasanger side and drive the to see how it work, then a put the driver side, and a wierd vibration start when accelerate the car but at hi speed the vibration stop. Please helppp
    Could be your CV axles took one, If your axles were already wearing and you lowered the car, the change in angle of the axles could have finished off whatever life they had.