The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 Outlander NON MIVEC Engine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31
    I was looking and searching through several threads/post due to the fact that my intake manifold off my 1999 4G64 decided to crack once again (2nd Time replacing). So after looking at the threads, I indeed came to the conclusion that the intake manifold off the 2003 4G64 Mitsubishi Outlander NON MIVEC will swap right in to our 8g 4G64.

Parts that will be needed for the swap are:

Intake Manifold
    Throttle Body
    Throttle Cable
    Throttle Position Sensor
    Fuel Rail
    Fuel Pressure Regulator
    Fuel Injectors
    EGR and all sensors attached to the manifold

The install/swap is pretty straight foward and all you need to modify is the wiring of the sensors by extending the wiring to fit the manifold/connections. The benefits of installing this intkae manifold is that it looks alot strong and sturdy compraed to the OEM intake manifolds on our cars and also performance wise the openings are 60mm compared to 54mm that are on our 8g's. here are pics of the intake manifold installed on our cars:

My question is this, since we are able to swap the intake manifold from the Outlander to our cars and it has a 60mm opening. Does that mean or do you think it has bigger cams that we can swap into our cars to give us better performance?

I know RPW makes camshafts for our cars and they are highly modified camshafts but financial situations do not allow me to purchase any of these right now.

Here is the website where the cams can be purchase: Click here

Anyone have any information or comments on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Three O Five 8g
    I indeed came to the conclusion that the intake manifold off the 2003 4G64 Mitsubishi Outlander NON MIVEC will swap right in to our 8g 4G64.
    You weren't the first.

the intake manifold is the only difference.
    although there might be other slight bolt on variances between the engine bays.
    the motor and all of its components are identicle between the outlander eclipse and the galant.

cams will be identical.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Here's a tutorial of the swap by Underated/4G64T:
    http://www.galantforums.com/downloads/Gala...anifoldSwap.pdf

I can those pics without my glasses. wow!

Supposedly, Mitsu has changed part number for the galant intake manifold. The new part number cross references the 03 outlander manifold. Got this info from the dealer, and also from mitsubishiparts.com. You might want to confirm this before buying. According to dealer everything should swap over with no mods. Not sure about that last statement though.

Again, this has already been successfully done on at least 2 8G Galants, one of them even being turboed (the author of the tutorial I posted above).

haha thanks Len for posting that i havent been on the boards for awhile

but the swap is very easy... there are a few other things you need that are not on that list on the first post... and some that are there that you dont need....

you dont need the fpr, fuel rail or injectors

but you do need the manifold support bracket, and you do need to bend you stock dipstick tube and you do need the outlander throttle cable or you can place washers under the gas peddel to bring it out farther... if you dont do this the throttle will only open 75%

als you have to swap the 2 outer wire on the throttle position sensor clip or you will get incorrect readings

Read the tutorial i covered everything in it with pictures
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Thanks for all your help and all your info...

One question though... my car is dropped and I have a body kit and all.. Do I really need to lift up the car with jacks and all that to work on the manifold or can I do all this work from above only?

Well, I recently replaced mine with the stock manifold and I didn't have to jack it up. But I didn't need to remove the bracket holding the manifold.

its possible to do it with out jacking up the car swivel (sp) joints for your sockets will make it easier tho
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    wow, that's a great tutorial underated. I just broke my intake mani again. I'm going to the Junk yard tomorrow. I'll try to get my hands the Outlander mani. I've done the OEM swap before.
    -Pedro

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Ya its worth a shot instead of throwing your money away for another flimsy manifold.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

I'm reading the tutorial now. It's really good man. I'll try to take some pictures so you can add them.
    -Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    wow, that's a great tutorial underated. I just broke my intake mani again. I'm going to the Junk yard tomorrow. I'll try to get my hands the Outlander mani. I've done the OEM swap before.
    Ummm, I am going to repeat myself again. Supposedly the design has changed for the intake manifold. The new part number cross references the outlander manifold. The old galant manifold known to crack is no longer manufactured. The dealership told me this recently, and he said the new design that cross references the outlander will need no modifications. He stated everything will swap over. You might want to check on this before buying from a junkyard.

well, this manifold that broke today was purchased that the dealership in FEB of this year. So i think i still wanna try my luck with the outlander from the junk yard.

thanks though.
    -Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    well, this manifold that broke today was purchased that the dealership in FEB of this year. So i think i still wanna try my luck with the outlander from the junk yard.

thanks though.
    The manufacturer's design was changed within the last 2-3 months. Just my 2 cents, it won't hurt anything to check.

Quote Originally Posted by neepar
    The manufacturer's design was changed within the last 2-3 months. Just my 2 cents, it won't hurt anything to check.

oh ok. Thanks. That changes things. They should make it a recall. Bastards!!!!

I'll look into it. But still, an outlander from the junkyard would cost me less. I won't be able to find the redesigned Mani in the junkyard since the 8G hasn't been produced for over two years now.
    -Pedro

i was the the mitsu dealership earlier this week picking up the gasket seals. The mitsu tech had no idea what i was talking about when i asked him about the Manifolds being crossreferenced. i didn't spect much more from them...
    -Pedro

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    im selling the outlander manifold.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index...mp;hl=outlander

how did the swap go Kalamidad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast