The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Progress *No Update Yet, Raining too much* 2/1/08

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 91
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    the pipes are real tight, its not moving, going to take alot of power to get that in the right spot, but yea i have an idea (thanks to rusty's interior post) that im going to work with the black, blue, and tan, plus threw pm me and him have been talking about some pretty good interior ideas, his is going to have blue black white while mine is staying tan with black and blue, in person it looks so much better then in the pics but thanks for the opinion, maybe my next step might bring some of what your saying to the inside

bring ur car to a good exhaust shop. they will fix your muffler position for u. the way it is now, ewwwww.

yea, at first they wouldnt do it because it wasnt a stock one and the way the piping is they didnt have something to hook it up, so me and my friend did it i paid him $60 for doing it and for using a pipe that he had bought a while ago, but anyways, it needs a bracet or something welded to hold the muffler up bcuz the piping is really strong, it even scraped the other day when i was on an inclined driveway so i need it to be fixed soon

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    bring ur car to a good exhaust shop. they will fix your muffler position for u. the way it is now, ewwwww.
    My muffler is about the same. Think it matters to me? Nope.:p

its not a big deal to me either, i would just like it to be lined up nicely one day, on the other hand, IF i ever get a second job (stupid economy) then i could have the extra money to get the body kit i want, im getting the USDM cyber 2 from a member here on TGC and then i can order the JDM rear and sides bcuz i dont need to cut the crash bar on the USDM front, so i have stuff i want to do, just not enough money yet

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    My muffler is about the same. Think it matters to me? Nope.:p
    i saw your car bro... urs isn't even close to this far off!

maybe it's the angle of the pic but it look like it's 5 inches too low and 5 inches too far out. that's ALOT; the tip should tuck into the bumper cutout. i know u care more about the cleaness of ur car than that. cut some of the piping and shorten the hangers.

Not feeling the paint so far but Im sure you're cooking up something else for the interior. We have to get that exhaust to a shop so they can correct that. Overall, everything else is cool, not a fan of the altezzas,though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    i saw your car bro... urs isn't even close to this far off!

maybe it's the angle of the pic but it look like it's 5 inches too low and 5 inches too far out. that's ALOT; the tip should tuck into the bumper cutout. i know u care more about the cleaness of ur car than that. cut some of the piping and shorten the hangers.
    i do care about the clean ness of my car, and i want it to line up but the piping is so tight that we need to wait for a warmer day to try to do anything. we were out there for other 3 hours already and we didnt have the right clamp, so he said one day when its warmer well hit napa and pick up the right part and finish it right, for now i dont like it being that low but its good enough until we fix it, and i know hell keep his word cuz hes going to do my spoiler too

2 weeks ago was nothing but rain/snow
    last week was nothing but me sick
    and this week is VACA so im thinking FINISH MY DAM INTERIOR ALREADY! and possibly put the spoiler on

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Bro, listen! The only way that Blue will ever look good, is if you paint the exterior that color and get rid of all the tan. Blue and tan just don't go together, period! You will regret this, I did when I went all rice on my 99 galant back in 2000 with red and white theme, it took me 2 days to paint the entire interior and 6 months to bring it all back to normal and even now I'm not all done, I wanted to kick myself in the balls for doing that stupid theme but I was younger and was doing what others were, I learned from it.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 02-21-2008 at 11:15 AM

see b4 the dash went red i think it looks nice, the stickers a little to big but okay looking, im going with a black and blue look. i have to start somewhere first and im hoping that once you see where this is all heading maybe youll like it maybe you wont, but ive been trying to get a second job forever now. going to try again today after i do some work on it but hopefully once i get that second job i can finance the paint job that i want

Tail should look like this :)

Doesnt make your car dirty.
    Sif sig ..|..

"Ping is King"

is that a trailor hitch? lol

AWD trailer hitch fine by me
    FWD trailer hitch a nono

well today is sunny, cold, and im going to HOPEFULLY finish up this part of the interior

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Cold and painting dont mix.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Cold and painting dont mix.
    x2 try to make sure you stay in a garage or somewhat indoor type area

cold and painting dont mix but the other pics you saw were done in the cold but im doing it down in my basement garage bcuz its UNLOCKED today lol

well since today is much colder then those other days, im just going to be sanding the spoiler instead of painting. dont want to mess anything up or do it half ass just bcuz i want it do so today = sanding

Rastus
    With that big ol chrome stiffie sticking out the back, if your battery dies, maybe you can suck start it using that.:smt003

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast