The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: guage bezel overlay...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 50
    Nahh. got it from OEM PArts.. (http://www.oem-car-parts.com/

$36.40 - Just goto 2001/Mitsubishi/Galant/Instrumentpanels/ then scroll down to Cluster & Switches and its the second item (and it has a schematic diagram)

Easy install.. remove two upper screws to get to the instrument panel (and remove the dimmer connector) then 4 screws to remove the instrument panel (and 2 connectors, one on each side) then the plastic cover and bezel snap out.) Very easy..

[/url][/quote]
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BBGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>What did you do to clear the needles? Â*Does it require pulling them out of the bezel?</div>
    Yes you have to remove the bezel and the instrument cluster to get to the needles. You don't have to remove the needles to clear them. Clearing them is pretty easy. Just use some Acetone (nail polish remover) on a Q-tip and rub lightly until the color comes off.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

VTGalantGTZ
    Anyone know if www.oem-car-parts.com changed their shipping policy? I ordered the gauge bezel and the final bill was just $36.40 with $0 charged for shipping. I just got an email a few minutes ago saying that I need to pay another $8 for shipping before they send it out. Sux.

I'll do it if I have to, but it seems that noone else paid for shipping. I emailed him back asking him why I am being charged for something after the fact before I pay him. Waiting on that reply...

Also, what's the deal with the VIN. That was the second part of his email, but don't have it because I am at work. Is necessary that I give it to them?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VTGalantGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone know if www.oem-car-parts.com changed their shipping policy? I ordered the gauge bezel and the final bill was just $36.40 with $0 charged for shipping. I just got an email a few minutes ago saying that I need to pay another $8 for shipping before they send it out. Sux.

I'll do it if I have to, but it seems that noone else paid for shipping. I emailed him back asking him why I am being charged for something after the fact before I pay him. Waiting on that reply...

Also, what's the deal with the VIN. That was the second part of his email, but don't have it because I am at work. Is necessary that I give it to them?</div>

The first time I ordered the bezel I didn't give them a VIN since my car is a 2002. But they e-mailed me asking for it so I gave it to them, I guess they just need it for records I don't know. Kind of dumb its the same way at the dealership.

Plus I didn't pay for shipping I guess maybe they changed their policy. Kind of sucks for you but the total price is still cheaper then the dealership they wanted to charge me close to $80.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

Tiller, just contact www.DelRayMitsubishi.com and get it for 25% off.

Chrome, any pics with the gauges lit? I wanna see how the cleared needles looks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Shoot man, you were flyin. Â*Fastest i've been is 90.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gizmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    2) Were yuo actually driving that FAST when you took the pic</div>

I take a pic tonite..

Looks pretty good.. until I get my guages..

bigwaggs
    the oem site doesnt work

Damn.. a blast from the past..

Notice tiller with a positive comment in it though...

OK i gotta throw a question in here. Awhile ago I saw some faces on a site with the Mitsu logo. anyone know where i can get them???

Thanks, Rob
    01 Galant ES V6 R.I.P
    ROB
    U.S ARMY...THANX FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by SilverESV6
    OK i gotta throw a question in here. Awhile ago I saw some faces on a site with the Mitsu logo. anyone know where i can get them???

Thanks, Rob
    your best and cheapest bet for those is to make them yourself. there are templates out there that allow you to make your own gauge faces.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

finn
    i have the white gauges with red mitsubishi symbol...i got them on from www.importcarpartsplus.com.... if you ask you might be able to get a different color combination

The 99 Galant
    they sell Aluminum and CF bezel guages on Ebay for 15, and gauge faces for 10-20.

GalantHL
    Hey Chrome Galant...where did you get those black gauge faces....that's not OEM is it? It's a nice twist off of the OEM faces, with the dark blue and all. Not too bling, bling like some of the white faced gauges.

Quote Originally Posted by GalantHL
    Hey Chrome Galant...where did you get those black gauge faces....that's not OEM is it? It's a nice twist off of the OEM faces, with the dark blue and all. Not too bling, bling like some of the white faced gauges.
    that's OE '02+. they are a big 1 piece gauge set w/ no bezel in black and blue. the '99-'01 are black and need a bezel to cover up the gaps since they are 3 piece.

GalantHL
    Would the guage face fit the O1 OEM gauge cluster area? I'm getting sick of the halo gauges...the "slip on" applications let too much light slip into the view area. Know what I mean? I've been trying to put black tape around the edges so the gap is sealed.

ok so im trying to get the bezel for the 2001 galant..which i believe is that black cover inside the cluster as i have a 2003 and im trying to get the look above. i couldnt find the site oemcarparts so im trying to order from a different one. i just want to make sure im ordering the right part since in price, its same. there is no direct link to the exact part but just follow the steps and let me know if its the right part.
    http://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html
    put in 2001 galant/instrument panel/cluster&switches/gauge bezel
    thanks
    Last edited by tanpan; 10-15-2010 at 03:02 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tanpan View Post
    ok so im trying to get the bezel for the 2001 galant..which i believe is that black cover inside the cluster as i have a 2003 and im trying to get the look above. i couldnt find the site oemcarparts so im trying to order from a different one. i just want to make sure im ordering the right part since in price, its same. there is no direct link to the exact part but just follow the steps and let me know if its the right part.
    http://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html
    put in 2001 galant/instrument panel/cluster&switches/gauge bezel
    thanks
    Are you trying to order the entire cluster? like the whole assembly? or are you trying to order just the faceplate that goes over the gauges?

Which parts are you referring to?

Last edited by Joshua42007; 10-15-2010 at 03:38 PM

just the faceplate i guess..the number 2
    u know the black cover thats missing on 02-03 with blue gauges? its on the 99-01 models
    if u look on the first page on bottom, it has a picture of it

^There is a thread made by a member(Keith) who is parting out a galant from a junkyard ask him if he can get it for you I bet it would be cheaper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast