Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    Banned

wild road noise!!

ok my front end is all F'd up..

1) passanger control arm bushings totally shot
    2) both inner tie rods loose "play"
    3) wheel bearings may be shot
    4) motor mounts may be shot

my question is if someone had to guess whats causing the severe road noise?

Banned
    nobody?

i don't get it, your front end is all f'd up but you don't know what is causing the noise? umm, why not fix what you know is broken? the noise will probably go away if everything is working correctly. btw, road noise comes from your tires and the road, is that what you are hearing?

Quote Originally Posted by 1999ES View Post
    ok my front end is all F'd up..

1) passanger control arm bushings totally shot
    2) both inner tie rods loose "play"
    3) wheel bearings may be shot
    4) motor mounts may be shot

my question is if someone had to guess whats causing the severe road noise?
    1. You can buy control arm bushings @ www.energysuspensionparts.com (99-03 Galant or 00-05 Eclipse)

2. Take it to your alignment shop they can adjust it to factory specs. no need to wear your tires out because of it. Tie rods can be bought on Ebay.com if needed.

3. Your best bet for the wild wind noise comes from one (or both) of your wheel bearings. It may be simpler to just replace the entire hub assembly since it comes with new hubs and studs. Find them on Ebay.com Wind noise can also be produced from damaged tires get it wheel balanced and inspected from an authorized tire shop.

4. If at a dead stop and the motor shakes violently and minimize shaking when on nuetral gear, your motor mount is most likely needs replacement. If not, then it may not be the case.

BTW, I did this by using google and the TGC search function within 10 minutes. You're welcome.
    Last edited by G-spot; 08-14-2012 at 05:50 PM

Wow your really driving that car in that condition? Let me ask you something what do you think will happen when the tie rod finally gives out?

Wait I just realized something your not too intelligent that's why you would drive a car in that condition. Do all the other drivers on the road a favor and fix your shit before you hurt someone!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    1. You can buy control arm bushings @ www.energysuspensionparts.com (99-03 Galant or 00-05 Eclipse)

2. Take it to your alignment shop they can adjust it to factory specs. no need to wear your tires out because of it. Tie rods can be bought on Ebay.com if needed.

3. Your best bet for the wild wind noise comes from one (or both) of your wheel bearings. It may be simpler to just replace the entire hub assembly since it comes with new hubs and studs. Find them on Ebay.com Wind noise can also be produced from damaged tires get it wheel balanced and inspected from an authorized tire shop.

4. If at a dead stop and the motor shakes violently and minimize shaking when on nuetral gear, your motor mount is most likely needs replacement. If not, then it may not be the case.

BTW, I did this by using google and the TGC search function within 10 minutes. You're welcome.
    did you read my post?

out of all those... what most likely is causing the road noise?

did you read my post?

it could b any of those or none of those. fix what is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post

did you read my post?

Take it or leave it this is as far as I'm gonna go with this. Any further interests will become an arguement.
    Last edited by G-spot; 08-14-2012 at 06:02 PM

Banned
    has anyone ever experienced wild road noise due to worn control arm bushings?

Wow this is worst then jaydal

everything on that list can cause road noise, if u know its fucked up, why u gonna risk ur front suspension failing on you and causing an accident, if ur passenger side bushings are shot, replace them, if ur tie rods have play, it would definitely fail and cause u to lose control of your car....if the wheel bearings may be shot, lift the car and spin ur wheels, if the bearings are shot u will hear it and as far as the motor mounts go, they should be changed regardless before u attempt to diagnose any issues on ur car

Why are you still driving with everything "shot"?

Fix anything loose, bent or broken like it has been stated above. You aren't the first Galant owner to have this happen to you we have all been there.