The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My headlight project!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Showing results 141 to 160 of 162
    So do you have any pictures off the lights hitting a wall??

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    thanks for the link and the break down. now, why would u suggest I wire my lows to stay on when my highs activate? they currently dont, but I don't know how good that would look without HIDs in the highs. besides with the extra light output of the projectors and HIDs I don't really see a need to go to my high beams anymore.
    since you now have quad lighting (this is what the JDM headlights are), you no longer have low and high beams in the same location (in the same reflector). the proper functionality is for the low beams to work when u turn on your headlights, but also remain on when you hit your high beams to see more (you do not lose the existingl lighting from the low beam when u turn on your high beams)... the OE H4 socket was designed no to do this (since the proximity of the low and high beam filaments were in the same bulb and would overheat if left on together) so there is a quick work around to make your new setup work like quad headlights shoud (JDM work this way from factory). don't worry about the look as you don't drive everywhere w/ you high beams on anyways... they are just for seeing better in a dark unlit place (in which case would you want as much light as possible?) actually since you have HID low and halogen high, the way they work now without the low staying on, i figure it would be DARKER in front of your car when you hit your highs! that is why the low beams have to stay on when the highs are activated.

Quote Originally Posted by kildaremike View Post
    sorry guys, quick hijack. Can anyone tell me where this tutorial is as i can't seem to find it. Thanks!
    it's in the post right above the aiming diagram: i put the link to it's original page.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    since you now have quad lighting (this is what the JDM headlights are), you no longer have low and high beams in the same location (in the same reflector). the proper functionality is for the low beams to work when u turn on your headlights, but also remain on when you hit your high beams to see more (you do not lose the existingl lighting from the low beam when u turn on your high beams)... the OE H4 socket was designed no to do this (since the proximity of the low and high beam filaments were in the same bulb and would overheat if left on together) so there is a quick work around to make your new setup work like quad headlights shoud (JDM work this way from factory). don't worry about the look as you don't drive everywhere w/ you high beams on anyways... they are just for seeing better in a dark unlit place (in which case would you want as much light as possible?) actually since you have HID low and halogen high, the way they work now without the low staying on, i figure it would be DARKER in front of your car when you hit your highs! that is why the low beams have to stay on when the highs are activated.
    oh ok gotya... i didnt know that in other cars the lows normally stay on with the highs, but it makes sense what your saying. Im pretty sure the tutorial is stickied in the Customizing Your 8G so I'll take a look at it. Thanks!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

Just finished up wiring up the passenger side of my car with the Load Equalizer and wiring the halos in to the parking lights. Actually only took maybe a total of 15 mins this time. Dont know why the other side was giving me trouble, especially considering I had considerably less room on this side. Oh well, its done now.

So tonight, Im getting ready to head to a friends, but on the way back I'm going to try and find a wall somewhere to get a quick beam picture and maybe a pic with the halos too. So hopefully Ill throw those up later tonight.

Not the best of walls that I found but it will work. You can tell that the left headlight (the 1st one I did) is off rotation counterclockwise a little, leaning down on the left just a bit, but the right one is just about level. The only thin, and I don't know if this is normal, but on the right side of the cutoff for each projector, a little past 1/2 way, there is an incline before it goes level again. Is this normal?

Not the best of walls that I found but it will work. You can tell that the left headlight (the 1st one I did) is off rotation counterclockwise a little, leaning down on the left just a bit, but the right one is just about level. The only thin, and I don't know if this is normal, but on the right side of the cutoff for each projector, a little past 1/2 way, there is an incline before it goes level again. Is this normal?

that's how its supposed to be for left hand drive vehciles... in countries where they drive on the other side of the road (japan, UK etc.) the upsweep is on the left anhd the low side is the right of each beam. the up sweep is to light up sign on the shoulder and to see pedestrians and other stuff off the side of the road. the low side is so that you don;t blind on coming traffic.

here is the DOT (US) and ECE (europe) low projector beam patterns:

notice the RHD pattern is the opposite of ours.

also, the reason your cutoffs are not razor sharp (like ASTIG's) is becasue you are using halogen projectors (he transpanted OE TSX HID projectors)... HID is many time brighter and more intense than halogen and thus halogen projectors were never meant to control the greatly increased light output that HID produces... butyour results are still a HUGE improvement over stock!

ahh, ok. makes total sense about it coming up like that. I had thought maybe something like that, but then I wasn't sure and just didn't know if I just had some crappy projectors :)

one day I may look in to upgrading to the TSX HID projectors because the cutoff and light output on those do look amazing! but for now, this is definatly an improvement from what I had before. I must admit I love the visibility of HID, especially in places where they have the reflective road paint, and the new ultra-reflective road signs. Everything is just so bright and so easy to see. Definatly a great upgrade for looks AND safety.

Thanks for taking the time to explain this stuff to me.

ahh, ok. makes total sense about it coming up like that. I had thought maybe something like that, but then I wasn't sure and just didn't know if I just had some crappy projectors :)

one day I may look in to upgrading to the TSX HID projectors because the cutoff and light output on those do look amazing! but for now, this is definatly an improvement from what I had before. I must admit I love the visibility of HID, especially in places where they have the reflective road paint, and the new ultra-reflective road signs. Everything is just so bright and so easy to see. Definatly a great upgrade for looks AND safety.

Thanks for taking the time to explain this stuff to me.
    yeah HID is great and HID projectors are even better! no sweat answering your questions bro, that's what we're here for... and you actually listen and learn, which is reward enough!

great work on your projectors!

Safety devices such as headlights are no joke. Doing them right is a MUST. The wall pics are nice. THe rotation isnt bad.

The TSX projectors I have are really nice. the output is very uniform and wide. it's something ou should look into next time you get the itch to mod. but for now, have a beer!

GREEN is the new BLACK

amen to the beer! ;)

but yeah I was actually looking in to the TSXs earlier, and they're a little expensive, but i think a little down the road it will be well worth it. Just a quick look and I think they just may fit in place on the projectors I have now, without much major modification. Of course Id have to actually have them to be able to tell, but they look pretty similiar to the ones I have, so just maybe! :D

Well done ;)
    But over here aftermarket xenons are illigal with good reason. People meeting thos lights cant se shit :p
    And the G headlamp arnt made for HiDs so the light form the bulbs are spread to all over the place...
    But well done making those heads ;) Im gonna tip some G owners over here :D

OK, heres a couple pictures with my girls camera.... much better quality than my POS that I bought in Iraq :)

I am debating on making the corners black instead of chrome. What do yall think?

I would deffenatly black out the corners. Other than that, looks hawt!
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

audio_uphoria
    I'd buy a set, how much?

airborne: are you selling these by chance? I've been trying to find someone who is selling projectors with angel eyes.

hi

i wanna know if u sale da cuz i want it .

LOL

Guys do you have any idea how long he spent making those for himself? I don't think he's going to sell those anytime soon.

Very nice job on that airborn. Looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by juanmanuel30 View Post
    i wanna know if u sale da cuz i want it .

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast