The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: s7 reverse glows

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

s7 reverse glows

has anyone else had a problem with the gas gauge not working completely after installing the auto technic s7 gauges? on a full tank it only reads just above half way...

you might have moved the needle when installing
    easiest fix is to go fill up your tank, and place the remove the needle and replace it at a full tank. you should be fine after that
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

ok thanx. ill try it in the morning and c wat happens cuz i also cleared the needles which mite have screwed it up as well
    My car has mood swings..

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yep unfortunatelly you may have to do it a few times too

yea, dont put it too high... you might run outa gas on accident if you're close to empty n that'd be kinda shitty

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

just have to be careful when putting it on. just do what they said lol
    :o
    Racers Against Street Racing

thanx for the input.tomorrow or the nxt day i should be empty on gas and ill try it
    My car has mood swings..

the gas light works independantly from the gauge so if you are truly low, the light will come on.

also make sure that the needle isn't rubbing on the gauge face. mine tends to rub from time to time but a punch to the dash usually frees it.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

lol..i took the needle off and let it try to fix itself and now it goes all the way but not quite to the F. i think its just because of where i stuck the gauge though, prolly too far up
    My car has mood swings..

Have you tried putting gas in till the fuel runs out?

I just eye balled it! Fill up the tank and place the needle as high as you were use to seeing it, it worked for me.
    -_InStAlLiNg ThAt CyBeR kIt, PiCs Up SoOn!_-

Does this happens to everyone I just bought S7 and waiting on them to come in the mail.

Couple of things also when it comes to those gauges. Make sure you don't over tighten because that will cause the face to lift up a bit and stop the needle and also watch for the 3D piece and make sure it isn't installed wrong. That will also cause the needle to stop.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

streetspecgalant
    if its a 4 banger it only has a 12.4 gallon tank so that should help you figure out if your on f or not.

its not a matter of knowing if its full or not. i kno how many gallons my car holds. im tryin to figure out how to fix the gauges which i have already
    My car has mood swings..

Try moving the overlay around the needle, and make sure it's not catching it there. Also, make sure the needle is higher than the overlay and has enough room to move freely. Hope that helps!

One mistake I made when I cleared my needles was pressing too hard on the needle...

I solved the sticking problem, it was being really jumpy, and wouldnt go down all the way. I just took a flathead and stuck it between the part of the needle that spins, and the face of the gauge, and pulled upwards lightly until the black part came off of the overlay. I would take pics, but my SD card seems to have gone missing :x
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

i have a 2002 galant but the s7 gauges only sell for the 99-01. will it still fit my 02 gtz? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by galantgtz36
    i have a 2002 galant but the s7 gauges only sell for the 99-01. will it still fit my 02 gtz? thanks
    you will need the bezel for a 99-01 galant as well as the gauges
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

ya when u mess with the gauges in our cars there a bitch to put the needles back. basically just fill up ur tank, give it about a solid 5 minutes to let the car idle so the pin can go to where its at "full" position. an then stick the needle back on the pin at the F mark. then just wait an see if the needle gradually goes down after youve driven around to make sure its functiong properly