The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tail and parking lights not functioning.

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Tail and parking lights not functioning.

Whenever I go to use my headlights, my driverside parking lights don't come on. But the brake light and turn signal lights turn on and work fine. But after doing some investigating in the fuse box, I found the driver side fuse for parking lights was a 3 amp fuse, when it should have been(from what the fuse box diagram said) a 10. So I replace it, and all the lights work fine, but whenever I use the signal, it gives the crazy fast blinking signal. Also, the driver side turn signal on the gauge cluster glows a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Dirt View Post
    Whenever I go to use my headlights, my driverside parking lights don't come on. But the brake light and turn signal lights turn on and work fine. But after doing some investigating in the fuse box, I found the driver side fuse for parking lights was a 3 amp fuse, when it should have been(from what the fuse box diagram said) a 10. So I replace it, and all the lights work fine, but whenever I use the signal, it gives the crazy fast blinking signal. Also, the driver side turn signal on the gauge cluster glows a little.
    Check the bulbs, one of them might be blown.

Edit: I didnt read the whole post

are your taillight bulbs good too?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

All the bulbs in the driverside taillight work and all lights on the driverside headlight work, but it still gives the crazy flashing and glowing arrow when I use a 10 amp fuse. When I use the 3 amp, only the turn signals work, and when you step on the brakes.

check the passenger side too

did you have LEDS bulbs?

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

No, just the standard bulbs, and all (driver, passanger) are good, and work.

The fast blink is usually to tell you a bulb is not drawing current i.e. blown, but you say all the bulbs are good. Have you checked the bulbs in the wing ( fender?) indicators?. If the gauge light is glowing while the other one is blinking you could have a bad earth somewhere.

Most likely a bad earth as Kildaremike said. Didnt find the english word for it :S

Can someone tell me where the parking light fuse is located? Mine must have blown when I was changing the license plate bulb. I pushed the hazard lights and those work just fine, but turning switch to parking lights, the driver's side is out.

I looked in the fuse box near the dashboard and under the hood and didn't find any blown fuses. I'm thinking I must have missed it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Dirt View Post
    if all fuses are good (did you check the yellow fuse in the fuse box under the hood?), check that the bulb sockets are making contact with both contacts on the bottom of the bulbs... if only 1 contact is not in good contact from any of the four signal bulbs, the lights will fast blink on that side.

Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post
    Can someone tell me where the parking light fuse is located? Mine must have blown when I was changing the license plate bulb. I pushed the hazard lights and those work just fine, but turning switch to parking lights, the driver's side is out.

I looked in the fuse box near the dashboard and under the hood and didn't find any blown fuses. I'm thinking I must have missed it somehow.
    check that yellow fuse holder in the fusebox under the hood... even if the fuses look good, try replacing them or swapping them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    check that yellow fuse holder in the fusebox under the hood... even if the fuses look good, try replacing them or swapping them.
    That was the only thing I didn't check. I tried removing it but it didn't budge so I left it alone.

Nick told Jason, who told me, that the fuse is in the cabin (near the dash). I pulled every one of those fuses and none of those were blown. He said it's a 10 amp. I even read it on E-How.com that it was in the cabin, too, but I couldn't find.

the yellow fuse holder is kinda like a "master" fuse set for the lighting... the yellow collar pops halfway out bringing the fuses up then you push the collar back down and the fuses are accessable; after inspecting and replacing, just push the entire assembly back down to engage them into the circuitry again. more often than not, if the other fuses are good, it's the yellow fuse holder that has a faulty fuse.

I found the fuse. It wasn't the yellow thing you mentioned.

i'm glad it worked out bro. so it wasn't any of the fuses we thought it was (yellow fuse holder or cabin fuse box). as long as it's good now is what matters.

haha... Nick was even reading the service manual... guess we where all wrong... good job Rich!

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...