The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 8th Gen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 66
    I sent you a pm regarding the wing, I have a brand new factory one, already in your color.

As far as the sway bars go, I love my Addco swaybar. I built adjustable spherical endlinks for it and running a 3" catback and have no fitment issues this way. I'd love to try a 24mm bar for the heck of it but it's already pretty good at 22mm. The ST bar I never had, but IIRC you can run it as long as you get rid of the jacking point in the middle as the bar doesn't have the bend the stock and addco bar has. If you want factory fitment, I have 19mm GTZ swaybars for sale, also a 3G STB that I could send in the same box with the spoiler most likely should you want it.

Rear suspension is the same as 3G of course, and shared to some degree with the 2G, 7G and JDM 8G. I honestly never felt the "need" for upgraded bushings as I'd prefer to have a little flex / the bushing to fail before stressing a part itself. For me the coilovers and the swaybar once dialed in made a huge difference. The next time I'm touching the suspension, it would be for better coilovers or more aluminum parts.

Yea I think I posted that like literally 2 minutes before you replied to me! Haha.

I was leaning towards to Addco. I'm glad to see that it fits with getting diff endlinks.
    You make a pretty good point on the bushing failing rather than the part, and you're the second person to tell me that this week haha.

Question I see that some models had bigger front/rear sway bars depending on year and trim, searching has actually left me a few more questions as I've found sizes for the 99-01 but I'm a bit of a loss about the size of my front bar/and rear bar. and if it's the biggest one? I actually prefer the RSB to be a few mm bigger. I'll pass on the strut tower bar for now, but I am somewhat interested in the gtz bars if they're an improvement over what the car comes equipped with now. We can talk over PM
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

So if I'm correct.

ES have 18mm front and rear sway bars
    GTZ have 19mm front and rear sway bars
    and ADDCO is obviously 22mm rsb
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

No

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    01 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 "Deja Vu"
    Check my website JYN

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3000GTguy View Post
    No

Stabilizer Bar (mm., front/rear): (V6-ES,LS)17.0/18.0 (GTZ)16.0/19.0

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

I tried. thank you for clarifying.

So I should run the 22mm adco in the rear and source a 19mm for the front from the sebring.
    That seems like an ideal set up.

Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I think I misread. Sebring sway bar fits the 7g
    Last edited by paulo; 07-16-2017 at 07:39 PM
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

Well this is gonna happen, friend wrecked his car and he ended up buying a new platform. He had an evo 9 wheel modded the way the guys in the u.k. do to fit their evo 4-6's (he had a mirage) so the column remains untouched and I told him to bring it over as I wanted to test fit it. (Ring not installed but he has it)

I'll likely end up getting this from him! Deff looks cooler and feels much better plus it sits slightly closer to me than the OEM wheel. Just have to grab a plug from a OZ lancer for the airbag and figure out something with the cruise control, even tho I've only used it once since I bought the car, I would like to retain it.
    Last edited by paulo; 07-17-2017 at 01:37 AM
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

Went to the yard. Got lucky and scored a wing. Mock fitted a perfect condition OZ lip. Looked too blocky. Don't hate me old style bumper owners, I hacked and broke tabs off to mount it on.

But It can be made to work if you're into that look. I'm just gonna hold out for a vr4 front end.

Also mocked up the skirts from an OZ lancer but I didn't like how big (and blocky) they looked on there
    Last edited by paulo; 07-17-2017 at 12:53 PM
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

AAYYYEEE
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

Was that car a v6 by chance?

The fleet:
    88 Volvo 245 DL
    91 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
    98 Volvo V70
    01 Kia Sportage 4x4
    Check my website JYN

Yes it was. Several v6's
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

Terrible spray can paint job, but I had the stuff laying around. I should of used clear instead of lacquer cuz I got bad drips, but oh well. Tried sanding them off.

Now before someone says redo it, my paint is on it's last leg, like it looks matte sometimes, so I just wanted to spray the wing to at least be the color of the car for the time being. Since I plan to start ordering diff exterior parts the car will likely be 3-4 colors until I get it resprayed next year. So it will be taken care of. I'll prob install it later this week.
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

Found some goodies at th yard today while looking for a bottom timing cover for my Mirage

1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

Kinda regretting not getting the window switches, the yard is about 20 miles away. The 2 front ones were way too beat to save, but these cleaned up nice. I should of got the rear ones for now. Oh well! Still they look nifty. I wasn't sure at first, but they cleaned up good after a polish and wax and they're growing on me. The cladding will go on tomorrow

1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

Dang that's a great find! Wish I had some decent JY around me.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

I just found the rear door ones my self they were the only ones still with the car and they cleaned up nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good finds man, they definitely bring the interior up to another level, I got mine from another member here couple months ago. Though on the front passenger trim, the mount to hold the window switch is broken, and to make it work, an interior guy helped me to hold them together with a screw, so yes, a black screw head is stuck out. Still it blend in pretty well, and the whole carbon fiber feel just overcome that little imperfection.

I have also bought a wrong size Ralliart emblem by accident, thought I'd stick it on my trunk lid, then figured it is way to small to put anywhere on the trunk, I stick it on the shift bezel instead (where the safety sticker usually are, but I removed and cleaned it), and turns out really good, just like it's mean to be there lol

Usually I don't find much cool stuff locally, but I got lucky this time.

Installed

Unfortunately the very last piece was missing on the passenger side, but there was a t-boned galant with them too. Not a GTZ tho, just took it to have the complete set. Not super worried about painting it at the moment, this way I know I have the full set when it's time for a respray

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that looks great Justin, you're making me want to go back to the yard and grab the other two! Haha. You're interior is so clean btw!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yhkwok View Post
    Good finds man, they definitely bring the interior up to another level, I got mine from another member here couple months ago. Though on the front passenger trim, the mount to hold the window switch is broken, and to make it work, an interior guy helped me to hold them together with a screw, so yes, a black screw head is stuck out. Still it blend in pretty well, and the whole carbon fiber feel just overcome that little imperfection.

I have also bought a wrong size Ralliart emblem by accident, thought I'd stick it on my trunk lid, then figured it is way to small to put anywhere on the trunk, I stick it on the shift bezel instead (where the safety sticker usually are, but I removed and cleaned it), and turns out really good, just like it's mean to be there lol

I agree, I wasn't sure if I was going to like them, but I'm like "Wow" it will also help the flow from my evo steering wheel (when I finally put it on)

Cool idea on the badge!
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    Wow that looks great Justin, you're making me want to go back to the yard and grab the other two! Haha. You're interior is so clean btw!
    Thanks when I got her You wouldn't know the seats were grey. I have carpet cleaned the whole interior 4 times now. It still comes out dirty
    I've only had the car for two years as my first car.
    I have a list of random parts from some from interesting places but it's been a long Journey that will keep growing

Here's the journey of my car just in case you interested
    Sorry for a lot of pictures

Quote Originally Posted by justin13 View Post
    Thanks when I got her You wouldn't know the seats were grey. I have carpet cleaned the whole interior 4 times now. It still comes out dirty
    I've only had the car for two years as my first car.
    I have a list of random parts from some from interesting places but it's been a long Journey that will keep growing

Here's the journey of my car just in case you interested
    Sorry for a lot of pictures

Wow, that looks like it just rolled off the lot! I dig how clean/oem it is.
    1997 Mirage DOHC NA 4G64
    2003 Galant SOHC 4G64

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast