The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Keith6110 1999 Reincarnated Galant

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Showing results 181 to 200 of 806
    Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Damn, slim, she sounds like a certified beast. Love the way she shuts down with that "sigh" from the intake, i'm guessing.
    lol yea she does! She always sighs when I turn her off =) She's like, ohhhh... we're done already?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Remove the glove box, then remove the blower motor box (big black box) behind the glove box, ECU is right behind
    there, its a little bit of a PITA to get to the bolts but i've done it a few times. Its about a 1hr job.
    I forgot to tell you guys I had fixed the problem. I had some vacuum lines confused on the engine making the cruise control come on by itself making it rev upon start-up.
    Anyway, I'll be flashing an 04 m/t ecu for my turbo build so I will be changing it anyway. Thx for the info. When I took my old ecu out of my car I had to take the dash off. I didn't know the bolt locations so...
    Last edited by keith6110; 05-16-2011 at 07:09 PM

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Glad to hear it was something simple. It's running good now?
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Glad to hear you got it running. Dont feel bad about pulling the dash. I actually pulled that cover that goes over the passenger side airbag out. Its nearly impossible to get out, took me about 2 hours. Then I realized that its bolted to the airbag housing and not the dash support, so I didnt need to remove it in order to take the airbag out. Lesson learned. I did that about 2 or 3 times before I figured it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Glad to hear it was something simple. It's running good now?
    Sure is!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Glad to hear you got it running. Dont feel bad about pulling the dash. I actually pulled that cover that goes over the passenger side airbag out. Its nearly impossible to get out, took me about 2 hours. Then I realized that its bolted to the airbag housing and not the dash support, so I didnt need to remove it in order to take the airbag out. Lesson learned. I did that about 2 or 3 times before I figured it out.
    lol! On the old galant, I just cut those damn rope-like straps in there. I only wanted to ecu from it. Didn't think it would be so much work lol. I'll have to drop the blower motor out and see if I can get to that top bolt. Looks like its going to be a pain.
    Last edited by keith6110; 05-16-2011 at 10:48 PM

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    its not too bad for the v6, i can get it out in a few min... you actually really dont even need to remove the glove box, although it will give you a little more maneuvering room.

when you get under the pass side of the dash and are laying on your back pill the black cover out under the gb thats held on with push clips. pull the carpet back a bit and you will see the vent which goes under the pass side of the dash... just pull on it till it comes out. the ecu is right behind it. you should be able to see the 1 bolt which holds it in (iirc) but its one 10mm bolt, take it out and push the ecu up till it slides out of the track it sits in.... voila....

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    its not too bad for the v6, i can get it out in a few min... you actually really dont even need to remove the glove box, although it will give you a little more maneuvering room.

when you get under the pass side of the dash and are laying on your back pill the black cover out under the gb thats held on with push clips. pull the carpet back a bit and you will see the vent which goes under the pass side of the dash... just pull on it till it comes out. the ecu is right behind it. you should be able to see the 1 bolt which holds it in (iirc) but its one 10mm bolt, take it out and push the ecu up till it slides out of the track it sits in.... voila....
    No kidding!!! It pushes right out of that metal track!!?? I hope you are right! This would make things so easy for me.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yep just push it straight up

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Whens that thing getting the paint!?! lol

Glad you got that issue fixed and its running well

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    yep just push it straight up
    Excellent! Thanks a lot man.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    Whens that thing getting the paint!?! lol

Glad you got that issue fixed and its running well
    This weekend would be pushing it. The weekend after she'll be getting her pretty coat of rotor glow.

I'm just making sure there is absolutely 0 imperfections. My last car I missed a ding here or there because they are hard to see. Kicked myself in the ass every car wash when my hand went over it.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I don't blame you for doing that, I give you mad props.

All Sanded!

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Looks good, where are the sideskirts and rear ext's?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    oh boyoboyoboyoboyoboy I can't wait LOL

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    Couldn't have said it any better

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Looks good, where are the sideskirts and rear ext's?
    Side skirts are at Cali's home not made haha. Rear exts are scratched up. I'm painting everything separate, just in case I decided to take them off at some point.

Lol!! I'm getting really bored of this project. I need some inspiration to really go nuts on this thing. I got the mustang out over the weekend and gave it a nice cleaning. Going to post it FS soon so I can really get my turbo project moving.

Either way, I should gain interest when I prime the entire car. I just look at all the different colors and feel like I've got lots to do.
    Last edited by keith6110; 05-23-2011 at 09:11 PM

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

idn man, id rather have the mustang haha, but i think once you get the primer going you'll be much happier about it

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Lol!! I'm getting really bored of this project. I need some inspiration to really go nuts on this thing. I got the mustang out over the weekend and gave it a nice cleaning. Going to post it FS soon so I can really get my turbo project moving.

Either way, I should gain interest when I prime the entire car. I just look at all the different colors and feel like I've got lots to do.
    watch video of a certain of pumpkin doing some highway pulls, then I think you'll get some inspiration :)

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    idn man, id rather have the mustang haha, but i think once you get the primer going you'll be much happier about it
    I like the stang, but It's a stang lol. I have a love for mitsu's that will never die. I can't keep my eyes off the galant, eclipse, or lancer/evo. Too many sharp looking cars imo.

watch video of a certain of pumpkin doing some highway pulls, then I think you'll get some inspiration :)
    lol good thinking!

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I drove by a house today with a Galant, a 3G and a Evo VIII, all silver

I cant wait to see pics of the car when it is painted. I love the color and had thought about it on mine but since you got to it first I will have to change it up. lol

The key to Immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast