The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Keith6110 1999 Reincarnated Galant

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Showing results 261 to 280 of 806
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Looks sick dude. Get her ready for the meet!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    how is it ruined?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Looks sick dude. Get her ready for the meet!!!!
    Is it still this weekend or is it the 30th now? lol

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    how is it ruined?
    My older brother decided he would try to fix the clear coat runs and he sanded it past to paint showing metal and fiberglass on the front bumper, the hood, and the rear driver side door. Basically I have to paint it over. He was thinking right trying to get the clear off, but he did it too soon and the clear is too soft to mess with.

I was flipping out last night and now were kinda pissed at each other and I'm just at a stand still with it right now. It looked really good and how I wanted it, I feel like I starting it over and it pisses me off.

Sorry, taking out a little frustration out on the forums.
    Last edited by keith6110; 06-21-2011 at 06:43 AM

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Is it still this weekend or is it the 30th now? lol

My older brother decided he would try to fix the clear coat runs and he sanded it past to paint showing metal and fiberglass on the front bumper, the hood, and the rear driver side door. Basically I have to paint it over. He was thinking right trying to get the clear off, but he did it too soon and the clear is too soft to mess with.

I was flipping out last night and now were kinda pissed at each other and I'm just at a stand still with it right now. It looked really good and how I wanted it, I feel like I starting it over and it pisses me off.

Sorry, taking out a little frustration out on the forums.
    Damn i cant believe your brother did that,what was he thinking the clear coat needs to dry for at least a week and it would be dry by then.

Wow, that is looking really good

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    Damn i cant believe your brother did that,what was he thinking the clear coat needs to dry for at least a week and it would be dry by then.
    Another one to roll off the shoulders...

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Another one to roll off the shoulders...
    How bad did he mess it up,do you think you can patch the areas or not?

How bad did he mess it up,do you think you can patch the areas or not?
    Some spots are showing metal. This means I have to re-prime, re-seal, re-color, and re-clear. Sounds like I should just do it over so it doesn't have any "patched spots".

At this point I seriously just want to give up. I've had enough sanding and I'm flipping out anymore thinking about how much more work I need to do now.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Some spots are showing metal. This means I have to re-prime, re-seal, re-color, and re-clear. Sounds like I should just do it over so it doesn't have any "patched spots".

At this point I seriously just want to give up. I've had enough sanding and I'm flipping out anymore thinking about how much more work I need to do now.
    yeah it is depressing man,i would have your brother help with the sanding the right way

Keith that fucking sucks, Would it ease the pain if i brought my car down there so you can paint it, then you can do both the same time, so you wont feel like your wasting time =)

yeah it is depressing man,i would have your brother help with the sanding the right way
    I would not be mad at all if he had asked me to do it instead of just going ahead with it because he thinks he'll fix it. He meant to help with it, but damn it's not repairable now. But I was 100% fine with the runs until the clear got hard and all so I could sand the spot and polish it. But wtf!!!

I'm done working on the car, I've lost interest for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bishi View Post
    Keith that fucking sucks, Would it ease the pain if i brought my car down there so you can paint it, then you can do both the same time, so you wont feel like your wasting time =)

At least it would be a clean slate lol.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Don't lose interest!!!!!!!!!!! You have to finish it now! Well before MOD atleast.....

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    That freakin sux hairy donkey ballz! Damn! SMH... If you were to paint those body panels separately you dont think it would come out matching the rest of the car?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Don't lose interest!!!!!!!!!!! You have to finish it now! Well before MOD atleast.....
    I originally planned it to be done this weekend. But, its whatever now. East mod last year was in october. I probably still have time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    That freakin sux hairy donkey ballz! Damn! SMH... If you were to paint those body panels separately you dont think it would come out matching the rest of the car?
    it would yea, but I doubt I'll be able to get it as good as I did. I might just take them off the car to paint.

Last edited by keith6110; 06-21-2011 at 02:17 PM

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

That would start WW IIII if my bro did that to me. Hope you get it fixed soon im trying to see that g soon!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

IV? what about WWIII? lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    IV? what about WWIII? lol
    Thats just how intense it will be lol

I would not be mad at all if he had asked me to do it instead of just going ahead with it because he thinks he'll fix it. He meant to help with it, but damn it's not repairable now. But I was 100% fine with the runs until the clear got hard and all so I could sand the spot and polish it. But wtf!!!

I'm done working on the car, I've lost interest for now
    yeah he was trying to help, but he could have at least asked you if it was ready to be sanded.

Sorry Keith my post was after seeing the pics about how good it looked. Hadn't read about the later misfortune. Don't give up, it really will be a stunner. These things have a habit of giving you a slap on the way for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vee View Post
    Sorry Keith my post was after seeing the pics about how good it looked. Hadn't read about the later misfortune. Don't give up, it really will be a stunner. These things have a habit of giving you a slap on the way for some reason.
    lol no problem. It must really be worth it, if it's giving me all this BS!

Thanks for the laughs guys + making it seem like there is still hope.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast