The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: engine noise/?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

engine noise/?

when im drivin and im either in 1st 2nd 3rd i think 4th(5speed) and when im up to like 3k rpms and let go of the gas i hear the engine makin this whinin noise like veerrrr or something not good at sound effects is this normal or is something wrong? let me no thanks

does it do it when you free rev the engine. kinda sounds like a transmission bearing.

if mines in gear and i let go of the gas, mine whines like a bitch. i assumed it was normal, and will continue until proven otherwise

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

its when im like near 3krpm and then let go of the gas and then i hear it..dont hear it on other 5spd cars idk what the deal is

Can you make a recording of it?
    1996 Galant S

i'll try the only thing is it will be windy when i stick my fone out the window...i will try 2morrow

Try rolling your window down and sticking your camera's mic near the end of the hood, so you don't get a lot of wind buffering but you can still hear the noise. It's worth a try!
    1996 Galant S