The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lip installed and new wheels on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 71
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    so they are like suppose to be like the lights on the vans that helps you see whats on the right when you turn your signal to the right on?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    has anybody in the US gotten the '98+ JDM fogs to work like JDM OE yet? i haven't seen anyone wire them to work like they were intended yet... the way they work in their OE functionality is the outside light in the direction you are signalling comes on as a flood light (not flashing), only when u activate your indicator... the outside pair are normally off (only be able to work if the parking lights were on as a condition), would never both be on at the same time, and are not supposed to blink. i always wondered if anybody over here ever mde them work like that and where they tapped for the triggers. usually everybody that gets them stateside wires them as quad fogs or as signals...

I have made them work, but the circuit I made is not hooked up yet. I made it over winter and tested it. works good. the outer lights only come on when the turn signal is activated. And it shuts off about half a second after the turn signal is deactivated. I will hook them up sometime this week.

this is the circuit that I made. I'll try to find the diagram. Trigger is the turn signal. the capacitors are there to hold the charge (voltage) during the off cycle of the blinker so the relay will get 12v.

here is the diagram.
    Last edited by ASTIG; 04-20-2008 at 09:12 AM

GREEN is the new BLACK

Holy Sh*t Astig, this looks too hot. I don't want to bring my car around yours anymore. lol

Definitely looks slick man, nice work. I can't believe how hot that front end looks. I agree with some about the gap, but I don't think it really makes a difference. Plus I love the versatility of being able to take it on and off with no notice.

:Thumbs Up:

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    That is a really nice setup, looks awesome man, good work.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

what do you guys think?

GREEN is the new BLACK

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    awesome!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Would you paint it black, or cut it off completely? I like!

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    damn thats a hard choice

both look f*ckin awesome

thats it right their, the gap is not as evident anymore.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

TGC Regular
    IMO the lip would've been even more kick ass if the mid section was ontop.. so the gap would be "flipped" leaving it gapless between the bumper and lip--but having a gap underneath. But even still that Galant has come along very nicely! I liiiiiiiiiike

Okay nevermind I saw the photoshop! That looks sweet too
    Last edited by komodo; 04-20-2008 at 02:28 PM
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    That is one of the cleanest well done 8g's on this board. The exterior mods are simple but very appealling.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    I think it looks fine with the gap. honestly the lines of the lip run right with the front openning. I wouldn't worry about it. IMO making it black takes away from how low the front looks.
    Beautiful car, keep it Genuine, don't do what "everyone else" would do.

i like it better painted but either way its hot
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

i know 1000s of galants pictures but it is very seldom when i see a pic of galant that i say wow... but when the first pic was fully loaded i scorlled down and thought oh damn... i would set you in my personality hottest galants of the world list on secound palce after cali...

pefect work !

alex

i love it...nice body work
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

your car is astig pare :D

I don't speed up because maybe I'm slow, but hey It's an 8g! I ride in style.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    so they are like suppose to be like the lights on the vans that helps you see whats on the right when you turn your signal to the right on?
    exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by ASTIG View Post
    I have made them work, but the circuit I made is not hooked up yet. I made it over winter and tested it. works good. the outer lights only come on when the turn signal is activated. And it shuts off about half a second after the turn signal is deactivated. I will hook them up sometime this week.

this is the circuit that I made. I'll try to find the diagram. Trigger is the turn signal. the capacitors are there to hold the charge (voltage) during the off cycle of the blinker so the relay will get 12v.

here is the diagram.
    yeah i know we talked about this a while back in PM's... i was wondering why you didn't install thework around yet. i think ur the only one to do it (or going to do it) right so far.
    Last edited by Reelax; 04-30-2008 at 05:30 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Astig, that shit is crazy!

I love everything about it. EGR sunguard?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    exactly.

yeah i know we talked about this a while back in PM's... i was wondering why you didn't install thework around yet. i think ur the only one to do it (or going to do it) right so far.
    still debating if I really want to use it like that. im thinking of just using them as sidemarkers

GREEN is the new BLACK

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast