The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to make the cut for dual exhaust..?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27

How to make the cut for dual exhaust..?

I need to know how do I cut the bumper to install a second exhaust..? Its acutally for a 8g galant..

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    V6 or i4?

theblackpearl
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>V6 or i4?</div>

cause the bumpers are sooooo different...lmao

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theblackpearl)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>V6 or i4?</div>

cause the bumpers are sooooo different...lmao</div>
    no because its useless to get dual on an i4
    duah any school boy knows that

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    well i dont think the argument is whether or not the setup is useless or not... jus how to cut the bumper.. which I dunno how I'd approach it either

if going to a body shop isn't an option.

make a template of your existing cutout. maybe with some cardboard or something. invert that, and that should be your template for the cutout. then find the car's center. measure from the center of the car to the existing cutout. then measure the other way from the center to locate where you want the cutout. tape the template to the car. stand back. check to see if you like it. double check to see if you like it. go have lunch, maybe take a lil nap then check to see if you like it. then just cut away.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

A Dremel tool with cutting disc and a steady hand will work fine on the bumpers, if you just want to cut it out. Just watch out for the molten plastic that flies off during the cutting process.

i agree. if you use a dremel or something like that, i suggest you cut inside the lines and then use a sanding drum or something like that at a low speed to finish things off.

dont you think cutting the bumper will cause the paint to start chipping???????

if you put tape over the place where you're gonna cut, chipping will be at a minimum.

Yeah, lay masking tape over the area you want to cut, then draw your line over the tape. This also helps you from marking up the bumper if you mess up, as well as adds a bit of protection from light scuffs. Make your cut on the tape, then when done, slowly pull off the tape from the other side of the cut to prevent lifting off the paint.

sounds kind of risky.... i dont know if i wanna do it now.... oh man :?

if you're scared just get someone else to do it. that way, if they mess up, then you can get them to get you a new bumper.

pinoy I couldnt say it better myself.. just get it done right.. especially if it will effect your apperance of your vehicle...
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

Honestly, its not really hard, just time consuming - not something you want to rush, if you want it to look good.

Thanks for everyones help.. when i have time im goign to start doing that.. I didnt think it would be that easy to cut the bumper.. One more thing can you guys post some dual exhaust on a 8g pictures?? thanks..

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    theres only 3 8G's that I kno with duals, Galantv600, BigShun, and BigMoneyDay

Galantv600's

Experienced TGC Member
    just leave single why make duel and make it a ricer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(furiousgtz)</div><div class='quotemain'>just leave single why make duel and make it a ricer </div>

It actually dosent look that ricey now that pic was from a year and a half ago now he has a cyber 2 kit

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast