The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tein S-tech associated axle vibes

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    projectGTZ

Tein S-tech associated axle vibes

I'm a pretty savy maintenance guy, but this one has me stumped. I have a vibration in 2nd gear at around 25 mph. This animal showed it's ugly face after I installed the Teins. It seems to be coming from the right axle. Since the vibe started this is what i've done with the car. Replaced all struts, wheels and tires, 2 alignments, all rotors, flushed transmission, and replaced both axles. The guy running the local Mitsu dealer shop has been troubleshooting with me. He believes the lowering of the car changed the geometry of the axle and has more pressure on it than normal. I'm about half sold on that idea, but not fully. I know there are some smart dudes on here. Hook a brother up. Anyone else have this problem?

Re: Tein S-tech associated axle vibes

Quote Originally Posted by projectGTZ
    The guy running the local Mitsu dealer shop has been troubleshooting with me. He believes the lowering of the car changed the geometry of the axle and has more pressure on it than normal.
    that sounds about right to me.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

projectGTZ
    have you had the same problem? anybody

projectGTZ
    have you had the same problem? anybody

I think everyone has that problem (once you lower the car) I have had coilovers and two different kinds of springs....problem is still there. Now I have Tein Springs its seemed to go away....coming from Progress Springs

Just something that won't go away....0.02

projectGTZ
    thanks for the input.............I think that little vibe is something i'm just going to have to live with

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i never had that with my teins??? although i wouldnt rule out what the mechani said it is defniatelly possible

must be a v6 problem. im coming up on being lowered a year and ive never had a vibration problem.. besides at 75-80
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    must be a v6 problem. im coming up on being lowered a year and ive never had a vibration problem.. besides at 75-80
    yea, its more common on the v6's than it is on the i4

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    werd.

but yeah its known for the V6 to wobble after being lowered.

Ive gone from slammed to fully raised on my SS-P's and Ive never felt a wobble. I LOVE my I4.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

He believes the lowering of the car changed the geometry of the axle and has more pressure on it than normal.
    yup. lowering the car changes the entire geometery of the vehicle from front to back. not a ton, but just enough to throw off the balance, which equals wobble - especially in the v6, which i have personal knowledge of.

i know you said that wobble was at 25mph, but if you have aftermarket rims, you might want to take your car to a shop that will balance the wheels at speeds over 100mph. most shops (correct me if im wrong) balance the wheels at 60mph.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

projectGTZ
    I know it's not the wheels. I have the stockers on there now and before I got the Konigs. I think it has to do with the binding of the axle. Other than that little guy at around 25mph, i'm vibe free. And another thing, the vibe is only there during moderate acceleration. It disappears during light and heavy acceleration. Basically, it will only vibrate when in 2nd gear while doing 25 mph. Consistently. Thanks everyone on the replies.

I have the same problem with my car. I lowered it with Eibach Pros and now there is a vibration that I can not fix. To me it feels like one or more bushings are bad. I am in the process of changing them.
    1999 Galant ESV6
    Enkei RS6
    Eibach Prokit on KYB GR-2

TGC Regular
    could be the cv joint on the axle is slowly going bad. it happened to me a while back. on acceleration it would vibrate, and it would get worse the more i ignored it.

i was dropped on h&r springs and then later switched to tein ss-p, then the axle went bad.

after i replaced the axle the car is free of vibrations, and i'm dropped pretty low, 1 finger gap all around.
    Your signature is too long.

i vibrate just a little bit too

but really, i do.

tein s tech and kyb gr2

Just changed my T/M mount and the back roll stop and NO MORE VIBRATIONS!!! :D :D
    WOOHOO!! I have my smooth ride back...
    1999 Galant ESV6
    Enkei RS6
    Eibach Prokit on KYB GR-2

anyone figure out this wobble?
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

i have tein s springs, new kyb gr2 struts, new strut mounts in the front and bussing kit in the rear
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights