The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to install aftermarket steering wheel?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

How to install aftermarket steering wheel?

does anyone have a full discriptive tutorial on how to install an aftermarket steering wheel on the 8G?
    King 8G <Street Stylez Kennesaw Prez>

JDM HEADLIGHTS, TGC FRONT BUMPER, CRUX 2 SKIRTS/REAR LIP, CF ALTEZZA TAILLIGHTS, 19INCH RIMS, CF EVO HOOD, 3INCH EXHAUST, AND A CRAZY ASS PAINT JOB I GOT FOR FREE!

i really need help

JDM HEADLIGHTS, TGC FRONT BUMPER, CRUX 2 SKIRTS/REAR LIP, CF ALTEZZA TAILLIGHTS, 19INCH RIMS, CF EVO HOOD, 3INCH EXHAUST, AND A CRAZY ASS PAINT JOB I GOT FOR FREE!

What adapter hub are you using?
    Love,
    Matt

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I've replaced 2 aftermarket steering wheels on my G. What do you need help with??? It's pretty simple though.

the hub is hub-m1, no idea? i just dont know how to change it and could use the help

What is hub M1?? What car is the hub for dude?? There is a nut in the middle that holds the stock steering wheel. So I'm not sure what you are trying to do.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 08-17-2008 at 11:59 AM

that was on the box? they said it fits lancers, galants, mirage. so im not sure, how do i get of the stock one?

Disconnect battery, remove 2 screws on each side of the airbag, pull it off and disconnect the two wires. One is Horn the other is airbag. Then you will have a nut in the middle, lock your steering wheel so it's easier, then remove the nut and pull the steering wheel off.

so im guessing this should be easy? we'll see

Im' thinkin about taking that big step too..I've always been a lil weary of takin my wheel off for safety reasons I guess..
    I always wonder if i'll ever need that airbag..
    MARCH 2009 COTM
    fully interfaced with Xbox Media Center. learn more at www.xbmc.org[/b]

Ballin' on a budget

If this is a daily car, I would keep the stock steering wheel or get one with a bag. 3G steering wheel or Nardi like the one I have.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    If this is a daily car, I would keep the stock steering wheel or get one with a bag. 3G steering wheel or Nardi like the one I have.
    Ray, can we see a pic of yours please, i'm still debating to do this myself....

Thanks in Advance!

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

if ure not too sure about the hub u can always order a 98 and up 4 door mirage hub from momo or sparco, it fits perfectly.