The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: M3 lip spoiler... opinions.

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

M3 lip spoiler... opinions.

So I ordered this CF M3 lip spoiler from a local shop about a month ago as a special order my buddy put in for me. since he doesnt carry them in stock. I measured the trunk to 47" not thinking that the trunk curves. I get the lip a few days ago and it's indeed short about a half an inch on each side..

I can't return it since he cant return it to his supplier either. So I'm in a bind. the lip itself is 47" and I would sell it but never get my money back. I got it for around $40.

so here where you guys come in.

It doesnt look bad when its on the trunk.. to me atleast.

should I try to make it work? or should I sell it?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    If it was me, I would sell it and get one that is 48" so it covers the trunk from one side to the other, no gaps and then get a EGR visor and it will look good. I don't like this one because from the rear you see the edge of the trunk and then the lip doesn't match it. If it's aligned with the trunk edge it will look ok. Know what I'm saying?

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    let's get some daytime pics Jigz.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    pics are too dark..

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    if it makes u feel any better the caps covering ur factory spoiler holes draw alot of attention.. not paying atention to the size of the lip, it looks great!

Can you even get these lip spoilers in a range of different sizes? If you can get one a tad bit longer, then I guess you could just sell this one, but if not it looks fine to me.

it looks like one of those rubber ones off ebay...i would stay away from those.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    it looks like one of those rubber ones off ebay...i would stay away from those.

yeah it is.. but I didn't get them from ebay my buddy got it from his supplier where he gets his mugen lips for teggy's and civics and what not.

what's wrong with the rubber ones?
    what did you use Cali?

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

It's rubber? In the original post it says CF. The ones I've seen are usually plastic.

it doesn't look horrible, but if you aren't completely satisfied with it, you should just get rid of it. No use in putting up with something sub-par to your expectations.
    Besides, I'm sure that could sell quick on ebay/craigslist

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ View Post
    It's rubber? In the original post it says CF. The ones I've seen are usually plastic.

its supposed to look like CF. but it's actually rubber. lol

see if it fits on the end of your roof line... that may look interesting
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Experienced TGC Member
    I think it looks pretty good, I wouldn't worry about the 1/2 inch gap on each side it actually looks good like that, but if you do decide to get rid of it, let me know I might take it off your hands.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Jigz check your PM

it looks alright, i have a lip on my galant, its a m3 style 99 honda civic, got it of ebay for really cheap. fits perfect check it out!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Darker Pictures Please
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

it looks fine to me, I have a real carbon fiber one on mine, I like it.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D