The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post Count Suggestion

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 142

Post Count Suggestion

so i have been thinking about this for a while and here is how it goes

i know that the post count has been disabled in certain parts of the forum which i think it was a great idea but now that we have all these noobs joinly on almost daily bases and posting none-sense stuff on here, i think that the post count should be only enabled in the generations section along with the tech section and be disabled everywhere else, this way our rank that has been added recently can truely reflect who we really are

we know who is a post whore and who is not but lets not have a lot of them around here, the noobs are getting annoying with their worthless questions about stuff that have been discussed 235925845093803986 times before and hopefully we can do something about it

what do u guys think about this ??
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

agreed, and a ranking system (ie stars or "rep")
    and on the same note noobs should have to have new threads approved
    Last edited by dwjp90; 02-03-2009 at 01:31 AM

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    HAHA, Alex not a bad idea.............let's see what "upper management" thinks of this..... lol.

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

I know im reasonably new here too, but how about a lenght of time related title, instead of purely count based, maybe like probationary post count amount to no longer be noob, but a time related stint to be more than member

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    lol

Proto
    As of right now NEWBIES must be here 45 days and 50 posts to become an actual "new member". Post counts are disabled in all the misc forums but I like the idea of disabling them in other sections except the marketplace.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    i dont think post count every where is a big deal. im not going for the highest post count but it just shows who talks and who doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    i dont think post count every where is a big deal. im not going for the highest post count but it just shows who talks and who doesnt.
    are you serious ?? So how many members have you met in person and how many meets have you been to ?? You are the biggest post whore and or of the reason I want this to gothrough

Our post count should reflect our knowledge not who talks and who don't. We all can talk unless we has no tongue but who cares about talking it's about knowledge but not to you apparently

End of rant

Proto I hope you can discuss this with the other admins and mods can really consider this
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    are you serious ?? So how many members have you met in person and how many meets have you been to ?? You are the biggest post whore and or of the reason I want this to gothrough

Our post count should reflect our knowledge not who talks and who don't. We all can talk unless we has no tongue but who cares about talking it's about knowledge but not to you apparently

End of rant

Proto I hope you can discuss this with the other admins and mods can really consider this
    this would get complicated but if there was some sort of like meet count that could add to it that would be awesome too. It would really show status. But yea there are a lot of post whores. I see a lot of people who just post in every thread just to post. I am not singleing you out 99galant I have nothing against you. Im just saying I see so many people who merely say something that doesnt even help. I mean we all do that on occasion but myself I try to only post if I have something useful to say. Thats why my post count isnt in the thousands.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I really don't care about rankings, how long you been here or post count. What difference does it make?? All of that just singles people out anyway. There are members here since 2005 and barely post and there are members here since 2007 and 2008 that totally support this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I really don't care about rankings, how long you been here or post count. What difference does it make?? All of that just singles people out anyway. There are members here since 2005 and barely post and there are members here since 2007 and 2008 that totally support this forum.
    so what is supporting to you ?? Just like 00galantguy said there are people that post in thread just for the hell of it and there are people that contributes to the topic

For example I posted a while back to ask about carpc monitors and whether to get a 4:3 or 16:9 and here comes 99 galant posting in there with nothing related to the the thread at all, now remember he isn't the only one that does that I can name a handful of members that do just the same.

I just want this place to get better and I think this will help
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Tech forum, market place, year generations ( 6, 7, 8, 9th) should count only. Everything else nope. We should have a E-Rep thing like club3g kinda cool.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

For example I posted a while back to ask about carpc monitors and whether to get a 4:3 or 16:9 and here comes 99 galant posting in there with nothing related to the the thread at all, now remember he isn't the only one that does that I can name a handful of members that do just the same.

People should get warnings for those things. Why do you think I got banned?? Because some noob was giving out bad advice and I corrected him. We need a tough warning system followed by bans, not post count. People will be people, or should I say Kids will be kids. People that should get banned around here don't. Just like certain Moderators should not be Moderators. it's just like anywhere else you go. Jobs, school, the mall....etc.

End of rant

dude you want to point me out for one? okay how many people backed Jesus before you all got fucked.

my point is proven. i dont give a fuck who i meet. i know that if you do business with me you wont be done wrong. ask anyone who ive fucking bought from or sold from.

No cursing guys. It's not OT and you might just disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    People should get warnings for those things. Why do you think I got banned?? Because some noob was giving out bad advice and I corrected him. We need a tough warning system followed by bans, not post count. People will be people, or should I say Kids will be kids. People that should get banned around here don't. Just like certain Moderators should not be Moderators. it's just like anywhere else you go. Jobs, school, the mall....etc.
    i agree with the statement, I see alot of s*** which people need to be reprimanded for which sometimes has no relevance to a topic yet they open their mouth. Im not saying we need to be strict, but we should crack down on some things so others know it wont be tolerated at TGC. at the end of the day its a CAR forum, people come here to learn, ask and get away from reality and just have fun, so lets not turn this into some consecration camp or anything but have some regulation. I personally think we dont have enough MODS anymore like we used to at one point in time, maybe this is why alot of ruckus started. But im not saying the mods now arent doing a great job, i just think we need more help to make the forum run better.
    Last edited by IceDouTGaLanT; 02-03-2009 at 12:12 PM
    13 GTR

take a joke for once. goddam. do you know how many people that ask for photoshops on other sites and get some bs about something else and the whole thread turns into a chat about something else? its not a big deal. its a forum for chat.

I dont think limiting post counts will really matter. How much do people actually pay attention to what other people are up to. I had to go look and see how many i have to see if i was a post whore. (i think im doing pretty good at not being one.) I like the REP idea though, it will show who is posting useful information and who is just posting nonsense. Just remember Noobs will always be here, we want them to keep coming to help make the community bigger, Dont knock them down just because they are new, help them out, get them to where they need to be. We where all the a noob once and some of us still are, and some of us have moved on to the next level.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Which is exactly why i help out any newb or regular member if they ever pm me from 5 speed swaps, JDM parts to even fitment of their kits. Face it none of us knew anything when we joined, its because other older members helped us, so its only fair if we help others. I personally would help anybody as long as they do some basic research or know what their talking about. if you pm me asking " how do i make my galant run 10s? i wont respond to you sorry. But if you ask me a logical question ill be more then glad to help to the best of my knowledge.
    13 GTR

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast