The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVR4 Build (56K Beware)

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 182

EVR4 Build (56K Beware)

Same thread that's on GF.

I haven't really posted allot on here or at all, even though the car I am building is not a G it does carry a huge part of a G so I figured you guys would appreciate the build.

anyways here we go.

looks like we will have to weld up to the floor pan now as the firewall and floor pan extension are rusted through

Removing misc things like seat and the carpet

this explains my mold smell

What lies beneath

Driverside floor pan rusted at the seam

Underneath in same spot

Here little disappointing

Got the clip i was told just the engine harness was removed to find out that i guess that means so is the cooling,

luckly I know some one with the same trim level evo 4 so i can get wiring info.

Anyways pics

Crosses fingers that the engine will fit in the RHD model

You bet guys, I my self wont be doing the welding. and no actually it will end up being the strongest part of the car.

this Is against the law In Michigan and a few other states so be carefull.

Shits slammed LOL

You know who I rep

Got the rad out and a few other things, its been dragging this week becuase of the freak snow storm we got on Tuesday.

Switched the Gas and trunk to the Right side. :D

So Got the cherry picker today And go the engine out. Also test fitted it in the clip to see what we would need to bend remove or move.

Just the basic beat in the firewall and move the brake lines up, but we encountered another problem. On my mirage the dump pipe was sitting up against the steering rack figured it would be okay sine the racks are just mirrored WRONG. The Evo rack is totally different from the mirage rack it only mounts the same in 1 o the 2 spots, so in other words im going to have to have custom Dumps made and a new downpipe so it will clear the steering rack.

Other wise its good

Best Oil filter you can get......

the test fit.

Oh snap :dancingnaughty:

It fits LOL Kinda.

So put a block of wood over the front of the proportioning valve and hit it with a sledge few times and BAM
    Also bent the PS lines a little back, the only problem now is the Dump pipe it sits on top of the Steering rack were the steering column meets the rack. so i have to take the dump and have it cut and moved alittle then make a custom down pipe. no big deal.

what a little wax will do....

awesome car dude! I follow your thread on MPF too!!!

going to use those ralliart pedal covers?? lol :p
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

yep using everything.

Cool I figured I would post this here figured you guys would get a kick out of it. once its done i want to hit up allot of meets too.

Good Start man!! Keep it up. Definatly something new and original!
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Cool, Good luck with it.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

whoa definitely an interesting swap! There is a factory V6 Lancer of that shape, the CK6A MX Saloon with 6A11 SOHC 1800cc - I've been waiting for someone to plonk a 6A13TT into one of these!

Quote Originally Posted by JDMFTW View Post
    yep using everything.

Cool I figured I would post this here figured you guys would get a kick out of it. once its done i want to hit up allot of meets too.
    hell yeah, you could come to our Foster beach meets in the summer since you're from MIchigan.

Would be a drive but it would probably be a good one.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck, hope it turns out great.

Quote Originally Posted by fuel View Post
    whoa definitely an interesting swap! There is a factory V6 Lancer of that shape, the CK6A MX Saloon with 6A11 SOHC 1800cc - I've been waiting for someone to plonk a 6A13TT into one of these!

You are correct, it took me 17Months to track down a CK6A Insterment cluster with tach so i could have a OEM tach and have it function properly

im excited to see the finish! looks sick already bro, good luck with the build...literally...

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Oh noes.....

drilled out the seat floor braces (Keep note as later I will explain why)

Pass side soon to be Driver side

The drill of all drills........

Whats left of the driverside Seat brace

and the driverside floor soon to be pass side.

The bottom tape line is where we are cutting
    the top is where were cutting off the shell portion

Same here left tape line cutting all the way through and right tap line cutting of the shell...

Ic so you got another mirage huh?

Nope its the Same one, I had no motivation to fix it becuase of my harness shorts that I couldn't find.

A friend found the clip online and said i should buy it and fix the shorts. so I bought it.

LOL

When I Bought this car I never saw myself doing such a thing.

First cut didn't need to be exact..... as you can tell it wasn't

tapeline for the floor where to cut

And then OMG WTF BBQ

lol now its a coupe.

Picked up a JDM Evo 4 Centerconsole with Intercooler sprayer switch and shifter console

Also got a HKS Super Dragger 3" catback.... used but hay clean it up paint it and re polish the muffler and good to go..

Also got a RHD driver side seat rail so i can use this.....

Cut the caps off on the A-pillars. started on the outer rockers.

the caps will be reused.

Some grinding

some more grinding

inner rocker grinded clean for some welding

Carpet and rear ac vent removed and sound deadening removed for welding on pass side clip

Drivers side same as above vent removed wire harness moved out of the way and sound deadening removed for welding.

Old front and random metal ready for the scrap yard

found and bought this.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast