The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: O2 sensor change?: Bank 1, sensor 2, Code P0141

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

O2 sensor change?: Bank 1, sensor 2, Code P0141

This sensor seems to be the most difficult of the 4. Can anyone help?

Can it be changed easily on your back under the car without a lift (jacked up some of course)?

I see Bosch and Neihoff make OE replacements, any feedback? :?:
    2002 ES, V6, 140K

this has been covered several times. NGK makes them too.

you'll need to jack it up.

https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55460

live near orlando? =)
    2003 ES 2.4L - 150k - Stock
    tranny flush, timing belt, tensioner replacement at 80k

i just replaced mine yesterday.
    its on the backside of the engine after the cat, its kindof angled up a little, if you have smallish hands like me you can get a socket up there.

Thanks for the info. I did a search but didn't come up wiht anything concrete.

Can y'all tell me where you bought your sensor and how much? I found OE replacements at around $130 each.

P.S. I just got a Actron CP9180 scan tool yeaterday and it is sweet. Tells me everyting as well as stores drive/run data. At only $150 (ebay) it is well worth the $. I figure that is one visit to the mechanic.
    2002 ES, V6, 140K

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    hit up bronxbomber for the o2 sensors...he got the plug'n'play sensors for cheap...

just get a universal one and do the wiring yourself. if i can do it anyone can.
    and you will save a bunch of money.

Denso is true OEM, while NGK is the better of the bunch, but really in this regard performance parts are not exactly needed:. you can buy denso/ngk plugs and sensors from these guys:

http://sparkplugs.com

just checking it out there is a denso universal for cheap listed on that site. but if you want to just plug it in then get one of the OEM styles.

Question!!!???

My Haynes manual makes it look like the sensor is on the exhaust pipe under the car but it looks like it is really right under bank 1 (RED ARROWs)

Also it says that I must remove the hump cover to get at the connector?

2002 ES, V6, 140K

there are 4 sensors on the V6, there is one on your exhaust before the main cat on the bottom of your vehicle.

the one you want to replace is the one you have highlighted here.

if you have the time, take some pictures of all the sensors, put little red arrows on them and type on each one saying which one is what. that could be VERY useful. if i find myself having some time to do that i'll get it done, but msot likely not going to happen soon. i've been running on a busted o2 sensor for months now.

I had the same exact thing happen a few months ago. Bought the O2 sensor off eBay off this guy.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...e=search&fgtp=

Fit fine except you had to sand off that clip so the sensor connects. Paid under $50 for it.