The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Changing rear seat: fixed -> fold down

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Changing rear seat: fixed -> fold down

Right now my leather install is 8/10ths done. The only hangup I'm having is the rear seat back. My S came with a fixed back seat, and the one I'm putting in is a fold down 3 piece. The two side pieces bolt into the same spot as the old seat back, but the fold down middle has no where to go!

Anyone got pics of where I'm drilling and tapping holes? Or... is there something I'm missing here? I don't think the seat back will latch either, which isn't a problem if someone's back there belted in... but do I have everything I need or am I SOL until I get parts off a junked car?

TIA
    1996 Galant S

i did this in my 7g...the brackets have to be welded into the trunk and then everything will work out, my latch worked, everything

just line it up from teh trunk, mark it and have fun

pics??
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

i had that problem. i used zipties. the real thick ones. that are 300 lbs each. i have a elaborate system in mine. my key hole alos didn't work. i had to break it to remove the seats. junkyard had no keys in the cars and it was locked.

so simply alot of thick zipties hold the rear seat in. i never have more than one pasenger anyway. i rub otherwise

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    i did this in my 7g...the brackets have to be welded into the trunk and then everything will work out, my latch worked, everything

just line it up from teh trunk, mark it and have fun
    Meaning, the seat never came out again, or are you talking about the latches on top that idk if I'm seeing or not. (Keep in mind, my attention span is severely limited these days; paying attention to these same coloured things gets tricky.)

Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    i had that problem. i used zipties. the real thick ones. that are 300 lbs each. i have a elaborate system in mine. my key hole alos didn't work. i had to break it to remove the seats. junkyard had no keys in the cars and it was locked.

so simply alot of thick zipties hold the rear seat in. i never have more than one pasenger anyway. i rub otherwise
    Cool, that should work until I get my shit straightened out. I love TGC, one good response for every occasion!

I'ma have to go to the JY to check out a 7g with a fold down seat. Maybe I'll get the plastic pull and lock cover while I'm there too, since mine went missing over the past 10 months.
    1996 Galant S

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i just used a dremel and tapped a few holes in the right spots, on my second G i welded the shit in.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

thats awesome. ive been looking for a wrecked legnum to steal some folding seats out of cuz my sub is weak.