The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Keyless Entry Instructions

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 84
    corywelborn

Keyless Entry Instructions

Does anybody know how to program a keyless remote for the '99 Galant. Thanks.

Normally it has to be programmed by the dealership, I believe. The only thing you can change yourself is the audible notification of your alarm being turned on. The dealer will want to charge you for programming your remote, but several people have gotten by by telling them that they changed the battery and it doesn't work anymore. Hope that helps.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Senior TGC Member
    As much as I tried I could never change my audibles...maybe I just suck at it.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Somehow I turned off the horn when arming it, how do I get the horn back on...I hate looking to make sure it was armed.
    Thanks

To activate or deactivate (Rallifan ) the horn chirp, do the following with the key out of the ignition:

1) Press and hold the lock button on the remote for between 4 and ten seconds

2) While the lock button is pressed, press the unlock button

3) Release both buttons

Chip
    Chip

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

corywelborn
    Thanks for the replies guys. What I'm actually looking for is how to program it to actually lock and unlock the car. It's just a stock remote that I got off of ebay.

Keyless transmitters registration tutorial

I know how to do it!!

KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM TRANSMITTER SECRET CODE REGISTRATION METHOD

Each individual secret code is registered inside the transmitter, and so it is necessary to register these codes with the EEPROM inside the receiver in the following cases:
    [LIST]When the transmitter is replaced
    If more transmitters are to be used
    if it appears that a problem is occurring because of a faulty registration of a code[LIST]
    A maximum of four different codes (transmitters) can be stored in the EEPROM memory. When the code for the first transmitter is registered, the previously registered codes for ALL transmitters are cleared. Therefore, if you are using two or more transmitters or are adding more transmitters, the codes for all transmitters must be registered at the same time.

1. Check that the doors lock normally when the key is used.

2. Insert the ignition key.

3. Ground terminal (1) of the data link connector. NOTE: This will connect terminal (1) of the data link connector to the ground, and the system will be in secret code registration standby mode. (Be sure you are grounding terminal 1, look carefully at the illustration below)

(If picture link does not work, try writing url in address bar:
    http://hondakillergtz.20fr.com/Data%20Link...0Connector.JPG)

4. Press the hazard switch six times between 10 seconds. NOTE: At this time the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked) and becomes registration mode. NOTE: The hazard warning light switch is turned on and off alternately whenever it is pushed.

5. Press The transmitter switch, and then press it two times between 10 seconds of the first press. This will register the code.

6. When registration is completed, the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked).

7. If you are using two or more transmitters or have added a second transmitter, the same registration procedure should be carried out within one minute after registering the code for the first transmitter. After the second registration is completed, the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked).

8. Registration mode will be cancelled under the following conditions:
    [LIST]When the secret code for four transmitters has been registered;
    When one minute has been passed after registration mode started;
    When the ground connection is broken;
    When the key is removed from the key cylinder.[LIST]
    9. After the registration is completed, check that the keyless entry system operates normally.

[LIST]Remove the ignition key.
    Close all of the doors.[LIST]
    **This tutorial has been extracted from the Mitsubishi service manual (Vol. 3, p.42-68, 42-69)....

NOTE: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your car by using this tutorial, use it at your own risk!

Hope this helps everybody!!!

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

THX1139
    Ok, well its about 2:30 am...I have been trying to follow that tutorial, and as of now, my entry isn't very keyless. The doors never lock/unlock during any of the steps of the setup. I don't really know what I am doing wrong, but it may have to do with these issues:

--What kind of wire do you recommend for grounding?
    --Where do you recommend I connect for grounding?
    --When you say insert ignition key, does that mean leave it in off position, or should I be turning it, or what?
    --Do I turn the hazards on and off 6 times (12 button presses) or just press it 6 times (3x on and off)?
    --I am assuming that when you say press the transmitter button you mean the lock button on the remote?

I personally think those all sound like dumb questions, but I want to take care of this soon! Keyless entry is a must. Thanks for your help, I need it badly...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THX1139)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, well its about 2:30 am...I have been trying to follow that tutorial, and as of now, my entry isn't very keyless. The doors never lock/unlock during any of the steps of the setup. I don't really know what I am doing wrong, but it may have to do with these issues:

--What kind of wire do you recommend for grounding?
    --Where do you recommend I connect for grounding?
    --When you say insert ignition key, does that mean leave it in off position, or should I be turning it, or what?
    --Do I turn the hazards on and off 6 times (12 button presses) or just press it 6 times (3x on and off)?
    --I am assuming that when you say press the transmitter button you mean the lock button on the remote?

I personally think those all sound like dumb questions, but I want to take care of this soon! Keyless entry is a must. Thanks for your help, I need it badly...</div>

You can use any wire for grounding, you can connect ground into any metal place in the car, or in the battery if you want (much better). Make sure you are grounding the terminal number 1 of the connector. The ignition key should be in "LOCK" position. The hazard switch must be pressed six times (3 on and 3 off). If the signal of the doors (lock and unlock) is not output, try taking the key off the cylinder, disconnect ground, reinsert key, then ground terminal 1 again. You have to press the lock button in the transmitter three times. Hope this helps you....

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

Tazz2000
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THX1139)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, well its about 2:30 am...I have been trying to follow that tutorial, and as of now, my entry isn't very keyless. </div>

:lauging: That's pretty funny

Screw the dealerships!

I called about 6 or 7 dealerships around the MD, VA, DC area, and got quotes from 65 to 80 bucks for them to program the transmitter! I almost started screaming at them. I understand how they work stupid people that don't know anything about their cars go to the dealership, so they can charge whatever they want, but this is too much. Greedy little bastards! I kinda did yell at one guy that quoted me $80. I told him it would probably take less than 5 minutes, he argreed, but claimed he didn't make the prices. Fuck that.

nightlife
    what does the data link connector look like? are there numbers on it?

Tazz2000
    What exactly did you tell them? I called mine and told them the battery went dead, and they told me to bring it in and they would take care of it.

Thanks for the info, i, tryed it and at first it didn't work, After like the third try, i finally got it, hell i did both of my keyless entyrs.

Lee
    Team TGCLV

Wow, nice find in the manual. That's very interesting. You can actually get someone else's remote and program it to use on your own car, lol. What a weird way to start the registration process too. Hit your hazzards 6 times... where do they come up with this stuff. What are the Mitsu engineers on?!?!?! Hahahahaha!

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

I also cannot get the above info to program a remote I purchased for my 99 Galant. Any suggestions the key was in the off position and I grounded #1 and hit the hazard button 6 times and nothing. Is 1999 different from the above manual pages? I heard no noises from the Entry control box nothing locked/unlocked. I hate going to the dealer so If theres a trick to this let me know I tried atleast 6 times

THanks

Maybe the 99's are different. Last summer I tried and tried for hours to get that thing to work, and it never did. So, I gave up. I've been thinking about splurging, and paying for the dealership to do it.

my suggestion is to goto the dealership.

and dont break the remote next time:P

corywelborn
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(flo-dog)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks for the info, i, tryed it and at first it didn't work, After like the third try, i finally got it, hell i did both of my keyless entyrs.

Lee</div>

So how did you access the data link connector? Did you have to remove any panels or drop the dash under the steering wheel?

No it's right up under the dash. If you look under the steering column, you'll see it clearly.

Chip
    Chip

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast