The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Helpppp Motor Mounts!

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar

Helpppp Motor Mounts!

I have a 4cyl
    Im having trouble taking out the transmission mount I removed all the nuts and the through bolt and now ...

I used http://deyemeracing.com/ST/ST1MTM_install.htm but it doesn't quite match and if you notice for them there's clearance to remove it

WarmAndSCSI
    You're probably going to have to remove the front and rear roll stopper mounts and lower the transmission/engine with a jack before you can pull it off.

I have to do them anyway...as long as it comes out....thanks man

since its kind of on topic...any good sites to by motor mounts?

i got my front and rear for 72 shipped at http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

I got all of them except the rear mount the through bolt wouldn't loosen up for nothing

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    just a note if you are using the prothane inserts do not use the front mount or at least check it i know for the 6 cyl they machined the hole too large and it will rattle and eventually break the bolt in some cases

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    I got all of them except the rear mount the through bolt wouldn't loosen up for nothing
    raise or lower the engine/tranny til there isn't any weight on the bolt and pull it out.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I couldn't get good leverage at all,I had my buddy help me he was doing one side and I was under the car on the other end and nothing any tips on this i'd rather do it myself then pay someone to do one mount lol

WarmAndSCSI
    Are you using a floor jack to elevate/lower the powertrain as I suggested? I've never had any problems removing or installing mounts...

yea of course ...I didn't have any trouble with any of the nuts n bolts on the other mounts just this one....whats a good way to get some leverage on it?

WarmAndSCSI
    So you're saying you just can't break the nut loose? If this is the case, you might have to get a breaker bar and do it from the top.