The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake mani crack? Nope bad gas.

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Intake mani crack? Nope bad gas.

Had a scare yesterday. I was driving tuesday night and my car bogged and the SES light came on and my idle was fucked, I couldn't get the code read b/c it was raining. So I creeped to the house thinking that I fell victim to the intake manifold crack

The next morning it was still raining so I went to the shop and paid 25.00 to have the code read and cleared. The code was P0300 Random Misfire, so I said fuck it I am going to go to work well on my way to work the car bogged again but no SES light this time. So I am at the red light sayin to myself I am gonna go back home and what happens? The car dies on me! I was like FUCK!!!!

So I try to start it back up and it cranks and dies immediately. I tried like 4 more times giving it gas while cranking and same thing happens. So I get out and push the car on a 50 mph 3 lane road and up a hill into a parking lot in the rain (Yeah I was pissed). I try like 5 more times to start it and it just wont stay runnin.

So I call my uncle and walk back to my house. He calls me back sayin he think it is bad gas, I dont think it is b/c I wasn't sputterin or knockin. Well he finally gets off of work and comes and picks me up. We go to where the car is parked it has been sittin in the parking lot for about 5 hours. So he tells me to crank it and floor it. I did that 5 times and the 1st 4 times it just would not stay runnin, the 5th time it did and I maintained the rpms at 2K for awhile then got off the throttle and it idled like normal. So I went to the nearest gas station and put half a tank of 93 octane and drove the shit out of the car. Thank god it was only bad gas! I will never buy wal-mart gas again and that I only put 10.00 worth of that shit in my tank.

Back from the dead!!!

I used walmart 89 gas several times and had no problem, but yeah pushing the car in the 50 mph lane in rain really sucks!

I have used it several times also but all it takes is one experience like this to say fuck wal-mart gas.

Back from the dead!!!

did you fill it up during the rain storm? Water condesation in the pipings can cause any quality gas to foul up.

cliff note: only fill up when it's not raining too much.

I put the gas in Monday night

Back from the dead!!!

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    you pushed your car on a 50mph 3 lane road, then UP a hill in the rain?

jesus christ superman, what did you eat for breakfast? :shock:

I want some!!

were you by yourself?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chromey

I want some!!

were you by yourself?

1960????

Quote Originally Posted by pvu_rida
    Quote Originally Posted by chromey

I want some!!

were you by yourself?

1960????
    I was to get in a parking lot not a hill like they have in Dallas and Austin

Back from the dead!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    damn bro that sucks, at least it wasnt an expensive fix

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    shit i wish mine were just bad gas, i use chevron.

WOW....walmart has gas stations?? whoa...
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

It might be that you sucked some water into your intake just as likely that it was bad gas. If it were bad gas, do you think that you would have cleared out $10.00 worth of gas by just flooring the car while starting it. Likely cause is you got some water and fouled a plug which then cleared itself by firing. Either way, congrats on getting a no cost fix. But pushing the G in any weather sucks.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    It might be that you sucked some water into your intake just as likely that it was bad gas. If it were bad gas, do you think that you would have cleared out $10.00 worth of gas by just flooring the car while starting it. Likely cause is you got some water and fouled a plug which then cleared itself by firing. Either way, congrats on getting a no cost fix. But pushing the G in any weather sucks.
    The thought ran across my mind as I was tryin to make since out of everything, and now that someone else shares the same thought it make me think even more.

Back from the dead!!!

something happend to me just like this, but the problem was that the stock air filter got wet because it sucked in water while it was raining and i was driving on the highway, all i did was change the filter and it was good as new

wal-mart gas is all i use and i have no probs, if that makes you feel any better about their gas. Its also the cheapest around here!

Rastus
    It might not have been their crappy gas so much as the fact that theie crappy gas station had water in their tank.
    It goes to the bottom of the car's tank, so it could have been a few ounces and you eventually sucked it all up. Water shouldn't foul a plug. At that temperature it would be dry before it knew it was ever wet.

wal-mart has everything even gas wow
    no wonder they are the richest corparation in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................