The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is this normal

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Is this normal

I have the AGX with pro kit, and Ive noticed that the rear springs a shorter than the wide open shock. I have like 1-1.5'' gap in between the end of the spring and the shock mount which makes the rear end really sunk

God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    For what you have..the rear is sagging alot lower than the front, much like how it is stock. With lowering springs..they shouldn't be that much short from what you are describing. When I had Eibach Pro Kit springs on my old 95 Galant...I don't think they were that short from what you are describing. If anything..I had to compress them to get the shock mount on.

Did you buy the kit brand new?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

all brand new, and the picture shows the first day when I installed it, now its even lower

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    sorry for the off topic, but you did a really good job on that paint job, good luck with your problem tho

Thanks!!

ok, just snapped this one. Do you think the rear is too sunk?

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    its okay as long as where you live isnt crazy for bumps/pot holes

time to hit the gym
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

That looks a little low... You may have the wrong setup for your vehicle. Did you order this kit for a Galant or the 2g Eclipse.

I only say this because I installed a set of Tein lower springs on my brothers gs and the back was lower than the front but not as low as yours. We ended up placing the stockers back on the rear
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

The G is insanly high i the front compared to the back. My old Vogtland springs didnt even the height out :?

Proto
    If you bought 2G FWD or 7G springs and have too much weight in the rear it will sag. If you have more weight than OEM in the rear then you should have bought GSX springs as the sit a little higher in the rear. Anything like tools or a system could cause it. I would call or email the vendor who you bought them from since that is a huge problem. What are the part numbers on the springs? If you come to the MidATL BBQ I'll take a look at the setup for you.

7G Eibach Pro Kit and KYB GR2 on my old GS with some tools, spare, 2 12's in a sealed box. Kolio has the suspension now so there is plenty of miles on them with no sagging problems.

2G FWD Eibach Prokit and Tokico Illuminas set to 3 all around with atleast 50 lbs of tools, heavy ass bandpass box plus the spare. It sags very little with all that, once I take my tools out it raises back up some.
    Last edited by Proto; 07-02-2008 at 11:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by phizzalot View Post
    That looks a little low... You may have the wrong setup for your vehicle. Did you order this kit for a Galant or the 2g Eclipse.

I only say this because I installed a set of Tein lower springs on my brothers gs and the back was lower than the front but not as low as yours. We ended up placing the stockers back on the rear
    Untill 2 days ago I had the stock springs in the rear, and the front looked fine-nice and low, but uneven I guess the rear ones were messing some up, but when i put he eibach instead the front went to high. I have to do something tomorrow hopefully the car will be leveled

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    If you bought 2G FWD or 7G springs and have too much weight in the rear it will sag. If you have more weight than OEM in the rear then you should have bought GSX springs as the sit a little higher in the rear. Anything like tools or a system could cause it. I would call or email the vendor who you bought them from since that is a huge problem. What are the part numbers on the springs? If you come to the MidATL BBQ I'll take a look at the setup for you.

7G Eibach Pro Kit and KYB GR2 on my old GS with some tools, spare, 2 12's in a sealed box. Kolio has the suspension now so there is plenty of miles on them with no sagging problems.

2G FWD Eibach Prokit and Tokico Illuminas set to 3 all around with atleast 50 lbs of tools, heavy ass bandpass box plus the spare. It sags very little with all that, once I take my tools out it raises back up some.
    Ill probably be at the meeting, and yes I got agx and pro kit for 2g eclipse, cuz it costed me way less than buying 7g stuff. And I have a trunk full of shit - I should empty it

Build Thread

So, finally I got the ass up and looking good, it needed 2'' spacer

And cuz I dont want to start a new thread Ill post what I did today in this one: new tranny cooler, Ill be installin the old one for power steering cooler. Huge difference in shifting - Ill be running this untill the 5 speed swap in August

Some thoughts of the future - Evo 8 cooler

my winter project

Last edited by mko; 07-03-2008 at 08:10 PM

Build Thread

Proto
    2G-B front looks decent on a 7G.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    where'd you get the 2" spacers? link? bj?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    where'd you get the 2" spacers? link? bj?
    my local machine shop made them for me

Build Thread

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    The rear looks better now, good to see you got your issue solved.

That bumper does look good, you should make a custom grill if you go in that direction, something like the Zeneki (sp?) for the 8G would be cool

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Good work dude.

I am having the same problem. I want to try the stock gsx rear springs. Any pictures of the spacers? How much they costed ? More would help me greatly. Love the red!