The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ~Need help with picking aftermarket struts and springs~

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    slc6584

~Need help with picking aftermarket struts and springs~

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]well, i recently bought some cheap coilvers for my 8g and its way to rough for me and my family and way too bouncy, feels like driving a go kart! im haveing trouble finding the right aftermarket performance struts and the right springs to go with thats going to give me the right ride height! i want to tuck my 17's in the rear and get the tires up front as close to to the fender as i can without it sagging! can someone help me out with this and i do have a spending limit of $500! any suggestions? or would it be okay to just buy afermarket springs with a 2" drop and call it a day using the facotry stuts?[/FONT]

well if you are going to buy 2 inch drop springs your stock struts are going to be gone in no time
    i suggest buying Agx's with megans or teins which are going to give you ride comfort and quality
    but i dk if thats going to be under 500 bucks
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

YOu'll blow your stock struts in no time, one more question, do you have a v6 or an I4. If you are looking for the biggest drop, go with megan springs, if you are looking for the best ride, go with eibach springs, if you go with a milder drop like the eibachs, you can get away with KYB GR2' and they'll last you a while, if you get the AGX, you can set the stiffness of the shocks/struts easily, and they last a good deal longer. If you need pictures of drop height, let us know. Either way, you are gonna need to pay more than 500 bucks.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

My progress/ gr2 set up rides pretty good and is a pretty agressive drop.