The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My dash finally cracked too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38
    Quote Originally Posted by chbuzz View Post
    hmm check it out would this help? Never seen this before http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-D...spagenameZWDVW
    i recall a thread about that...lol oh the things were said about that "dashmat"

here it is https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...hlight=dashmat

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslik View Post
    armor all and my dash go together like ducks and water( cant survive without each other)
    When your dash cracks from Armor All and too much sunlight, we'll look for your name in the forums.

"Earlier this year, a former Armor All research manager, in the context of a wrongful termination suit against AA, claimed that the co. had covered up research that indicated Armor All caused tires & air bag covers to weaken & crack. Armor All denies the allegations. The suit is pending."
    Quoted from dash cracks FAQ by Josh Karnes
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

well 6 years passed
    never parking in the shade and nothing yet
    and if it does crack it will give me a reason to dye my spare one and put it on =]
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Mine has a large hole completed cracked over top the steering wheel! It just kind of floats there.. I'm sure one day it will fall completely through. I haven't used armorall in a long time but I used to. I didn't know at the time it was damaging, my galant already sits in the sun 10 months a year.

RastaAlejandro
    the center speaker cracked mine after i got my cd player installed only about an inch crack though... is there a way to fix it? i thought maybe some type of plastic filler or glue???

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Check out coverlay manufacturing,I have one on my dash its pretty good

How hard would it be to paint the dash without taking it out, and would the results be any good?

99_Galant
    Ouch man. Sorry to hear that. I have a 99 Galant and my dashboard is still in good condition.

mine is still cracked.. and the local junk yard does not have a GALANT!

GmAn
    Yeah man my shit is cracked also lmao but im not to worried about it rite now

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    that sucks.
    Dude... your sig cracks me up!

oh yeah, my dash just cracked last weekend... poor choice in materials i suppose.

WTF is up with the US dash??!?
    Hav never heard of cracked dashboards in the EU/JDM models

Quote Originally Posted by GmAn View Post
    Yeah man my shit is cracked also lmao but im not to worried about it rite now
    whoopy.
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    WTF is up with the US dash??!?
    Hav never heard of cracked dashboards in the EU/JDM models
    Cheap Plastics........

mine finally cracked but its been sitting in the sun for the past 4 years

What do people think of those dash overlays? Not the crappy like soft "furry" ones, but the big plastic piece that just kinda pops on?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-03...QQcmdZViewItem

Any word? Seems like a nice, easy way to make the dash look new again, really handy if your trying to change the look of the interior but don't want to paint that giant piece.

if my dash ever cracks, im just going to fiberglass it

jlfisher360
    mine cracked from driving over a stupid curb in a parking lot. cracked in two places.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12