The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How do you remove a egr valve

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

How do you remove a egr valve

How do you remove a egr valve on a 8g 4 cyl engine

Please go to Autozone and invest yourself in a Haynes Manual for the Galant for $15

Turn to Chapter 6, section 23 and it will explain not only the EGR system for both V6 and i4 but also how to dismantle/install as well. If you read the manual, you wouldn't be making new threads and telling us that Mitsubishi sucks ass. Knowledge is power you can't get it unless you learn from it. That is all.

thought he got banned after dissing mitsubishis?

I already have that book im asking because i need more clear instructions

what do you need to take it off for??

Quote Originally Posted by hunterclavel View Post
    I already have that book im asking because i need more clear instructions
    How easy does it need to be? That book was designed to cater the Do-it-yourself mechanics and has step by step instructions WITH PICS! Do you want us to believe you need the dumb-out version maybe add some ebonics or some ricer slangs to it so you could understand? I just read the entire chapter (which only took 5 min) and glazed through the illustrations and pretty sure I can change out my EGR valve even though mine doesn't needs to be replaced. I recently changed out a friend's EGR valve by following this book I strongly suggest you should read it more carefully next time.

wheres a ban where u really need one
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslik View Post
    wheres a ban where u really need one
    I got one on Saturday:)

Hunter, you def dont need more instructions then the manual, just read it and have confidence. When you look at it it should all make sense. If it doesn't you should not be working under the hood of your car especially since EGRs are very easy.