The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What do you think is The better Choice Evo 3, 6A12TT, 4g63T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25
    yoyo6999

What do you think is The better Choice Evo 3, 6A12TT, 4g63T

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I have been reading a lot of post about swaps and have found many options and was looking for some HELP what do you think is a better choice EVO 3 with eclipes turbo transmition, 6A12 Twin Turbo, or just the 4g63t compleat swap, i have found all of these complete front clips on the internet all at a pretty good price. so what do you think is the best of the best if i havent listed it let me know. im kinda leaning toward the Evo 3 With eclipes turbo tran.</div>

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I say do the evo or the 63t swap it would be much easier than the 6a12tt. Seeing as how your gonna have to re-weld pretty much the whole subframe to hold the motor..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

sethmo
    Im doing the Evo 3. Ok its not technically an Evo3 engine but its a JDM 6g Galant vr4 engine with the big 16g and 510cc injectors. So its pretty much the same as the Evo3 engine just with a red valve cover

6a12tt swap would be a PITA in my opinion. The '63t swap isnt so much, its just a lot of work, not necisarily hard work, just work hehe

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    "PITA"??
    And how would one go about getting a hold of a 6A12TT

"PITA"??

xSILENTx
    how much power does a evo 3 engine put out

sseldniM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    "PITA"??
    PITA = Pain In The Ass

Do a google search for JDM engines and you should find something.

Mine got the 6A12TT in it... I'd say go for the evo3 engine if at all possible, its a MUCH better performer from factory. Since you've already got I4 engines it'll be a whole lot easier to put in as well I'm guessing?

Unless you're going to be spending a fair amount of cash on it, the 6 is a fair bit behind the 4 in terms of outright performance.

hp - the v6 puts out 240 @ 6000, the evo 3 puts out 280 @ 6500ish - with a LOT more potential. Doesn't sound as good though! These figures aren't the best example though - the rods on the v6 limit it somewhat, whereas the 4G63 is built like a brick shithouse for lack of a better phrase! 400hp on that engine is easily achieveable with not a hell of a lot of upgrading at all.
    1994 E84 VR4 V6
    Single turbo conversion
    Fulltime RWD w/ mechanical LSD

Fun times 8)

so ako you think the 4g63t is the best?

Sleeper
    yeah its the best since shipping a 6a12t plus awd over there would be quite expensive. and i dont think the mechanics over there would easily agree to do the swap due to the rarity of the motor

if you ship a 6a12t in the u.s., i guess parts that are usually easy to get will be very difficult as simple as gaskets maybe since the 6a12t did not reach u.s. soil as a factory option. you need to order these overseas and could take some time.

get an evo 4G63t. more aftermarket parts available and more tunable.

i think that the evo 3 engine has about 250hp stock. the 6g vr4 jdm has about 220-250hp stock. the 280hp 4G63 imo are from the evo4 onwards.

i have driven an evo 2 and an evo 3. wow! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp

4g63...
    or buy a junker 4g64 And built it to your taste.

for What you'd pay for an "EVO" engine.. you could buy a regular JDM galant or eclipse motor and built it stronger.
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

Experienced TGC Member
    When did you start posting on TGC again Craig =D
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

yesterday?
    suprise bitches!
    I'm back!
    Craig R.

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I heard the 420A works wonders! 8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

kevin.. I will stab you!
    shush.....
    Craig R.

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

Okay.. A couple updates on some progress over here...

I'm in touch with a guy here whos completed a single turbo installation on his E84 VR-4 - It netted him a 103mph trap speed on 10psi, untuned and at around 1550kgs of car and driver.. Aiming for 18psi plus and a decent tune soon This was the uh.. DIY approach to doing things

Another is getting a full on version of this - I.E T04 turbo, meant for a rotary pushing 600hp-ish.. This could be a bit more interesting! Still in the workshop though. Could be a wee while :?

My personal favourite is my mates one.. Staying twin turbo, hes throwing on a pair of GSR TD-04 13b turbos, i.e about a 4000rpm spool up.. Could be fun Its a bit of a parts bin special - he's using GTO injectors, The turbos are off a lancer GSR (1.8 turbo, and about $200 a piece - bargain!!), and using a lot of NZ - built equipment, like a LINK computer etc to run the thing. On the downside - no more RWD, hes going back to 4WD to get some decent 1/4 miles down. Grrrr... Still, he's aiming for high 11's before going forged. Should make it, judging on my results with stock turbos.

Looks like I won't be keeping the "Fastest E-84" title for much longer :evil:
    1994 E84 VR4 V6
    Single turbo conversion

Fun times 8)

ako,

hey bro! you have become a sort of a hero here in the philippines. i have showed your pics, your mods and your time slips to the other 7th gen drivers here!

one of my mates here even wants to name his 7th gen "ako2". hehehe!

btw, according to one of the guys with another 7th gen vr4, the stock internals of our 6a12tt could take 18psi but the weak point are the conrod bolts... unfortunately, he learned this the hard way. he had ceramic pistons. he now has a second 6a12tt installed, hopefully, he won't blow it up again.

OT:
    one more thing, do you think the vtec/ mivec controller would work for the mivec md? (since aside from the cams, when mivec md is not 100%, only 3 pistons are working from the 6pistons)

* fyi only for the other bros: MIVEC - Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing and lift Electronic Control. MD means Modulated Dispalcement.
    In MD mode, the MIVEC engine utilizes only three of its six cylinders, which reduces significantly the energy wasted due to pumping losses. In addition, power loss due to engine friction is also reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp

AHhhahaha thats one of the weirder things I've heard in a while!! Go figure

The rods.. Yeah, pulling apart the 6A12.. Even the non-turbo ones, the engine itself is built like a brick shithouse - the rods however, are not. They look VERY close to the 4G93T GSR ones - also with the same 18psi power handling :? - However, the loads spread out over 6 instead of 4, SPEEDTECH (Heard of the evo 3 named DOCILE? Do a search on it ) reckon the things still good for 400hp max, before going forged. Weirdest thing of all... Theres some VW Beetle forged rods that are almost a direct replacement.. No shit. I'll look into it when the money tree blossoms and I can rebuild my poor abused engine

Now the mivec - md thing.. From what I know of it, since it only occurs under light, cruising loads, theres no reason it should still be on 3 cylinders when it kicks into the high cam. The controller is just fooling the computer into thinking the revs are different to what they really are anyway - so in theory the two systems shoooouldnt have anything to do with each other. That said.. The controller really isn't much use until you do work elsewhere. A friend had one dyno tuned on has FTO - in the end, best results were found about 300 rpm from stock triggering point anyway - and it was only 2 or 3 hp.

Have you done much in the way of engine work on yours? That FTO has managed a 14.7 with only CAI and an exhaust, still full interior. Not bad for a non - turbo front driver I thought!
    1994 E84 VR4 V6
    Single turbo conversion

Fun times 8)

hey ako, do you know where i can get hold of internals for a 6a12(forged parts)? i wanna convert it to a Twin turbo(using stock).. i got another engine in the shed but it needs work... also is it practical to convert my N/A 6A12 to Twin Turbo? will i blow it up in a short period of time? hehehe

i didn't wanna ask my dad cause he's not fond of turbo's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast