The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Leather Seat Covers for $70

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 37

Leather Seat Covers for $70

I'm back from vacation in the Philippines. Sorry it took me a while to post the pics. I brought the leather seat covers with me and installed it already. Check out my pics from my picture folder labeled "Leather Seat Covers." The fitment is okay and you can judge for yourself by looking at the pictures. Quite easy to install the front seat covers but you definitely have to remove the back rest and back seat to install the covers for it. Total of 8 pieces including the headrest covers. It has elastic strings to keep it it secured to the seats. If anyone is interested in purchasing it, the best guy to contact is (Rex) VR6. His e-mail add is [email protected]. It only cost me $70 (3500 Philippine pesos) but you have to go to the Philippines yourself or have someone in the Philippines buy it for you to get that same price. I'm pretty sure VR6 will be willing to ship it to those who are interested but the shipping cost will definitely add up. I think Rex (VR6) will be able to give you a better explanation about the shipping costs. Let me know what you think and I will try to answer any other questions you have to the best of my ability. Peace!

http://photos.yahoo.com/e_maling

u have no idea of shipping costs? ballpark? thry look hot, if its not too much itll be worth it
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

they look fucking sweet. what company did u get them from so we all know who has the patterns in their books. im forreal gonna get me a seat when i find out who is going there or when i go there myself.

as for shipping costs to the US. uhm, my suggestion is that if you want stock colors, look on ebay. if you want something custom you might want to see what dealers here in teh US charge. I mean it costs only 70 dollars there and then a couple more for embroidery but the shipping is going to be a bitch. i remember sending a letter to the philippines on express mail. it costs about 10 dollars to mail like 5 sheets of paper there. i can't even think how much it would cost to send something here from there on express mail. especially leather seats. and if you want to wait, you can send em regular mail but its gonna take a month or two to get here...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2k2mitsu)</div><div class='quotemain'>u have no idea of shipping costs? ballpark? thry look hot, if its not too much itll be worth it</div>

Including shipping, ballpark figure total may climb up to around $200. Like I said, VR6 will be the best man to contact about shipping.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>they look ****ing sweet. what company did u get them from so we all know who has the patterns in their books. im forreal gonna get me a seat when i find out who is going there or when i go there myself.</div>

The seat covers are made by Seat Mate. The owner's name is Rommel San Pedro (spoke to him personally, a good guy). They said they have the seat measurements for US Galant. I gave them my own seat measurements (even gave them my seat pictures) but I think they still followed their own. I don't mind 'cause they fit. They are located in Mandaluyong City. Below are the complete info about their company:

Seat Mate Auto Interiors & Gen. Upholstery Shop
    Main office: 316-C Rosario St., Mandaluyong City
    Tel# 532-2104 or 531-1299 (if calling international, dial 011-63-02 first, then the number)
    Fax# 532-5354

Branch office: De Lucas Comm'l Bo. Bayamot
    Marcos H'way, Antipolo, Rizal
    Tel# 645-2209

Hey those look really good, just slip right over the existing seats. Are they 100% leather? Only problem I see is that the back seat pass-through is blocked or missing with these covers.

i really dont mind the wait however, they are really sweet, and id be dying while i wait. hopefuly someone is going there soon!!!!
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey those look really good, just slip right over the existing seats. Â*Are they 100% leather? Â*Only problem I see is that the back seat pass-through is blocked or missing with these covers.</div>

Thanks man, 100% leather (US leather, they call it there). Nope, no more back seat pass-through, but I don't mind not having them.

Another thing, they have different styles for the amount you paid them but I just chose the simple one. Sorry, did not really pay attention to the other styles 'cause they look "tacky". I like the one I chose the most 'cause it has the simple, clean look and are very easy to maintain.

100% is pretty damn good, bro. Even with the best kits they sell here in the US are mainly pleather, with just the center piece of the seats being leather. Some kits expand the leather to the side lumbars, but shit, the rest is vinyl. That's almost like false advertising, saying leather seat kit and 60% or more is pleather.

These $70 full leather covers would be worth the price even if it cost $200 to ship to the US because they would still cost less than the kits here and you don't need to remove the factory cloth.

But like I said, the only problem I would have is that I need that pass-through. At least once a year I buy a new throw rug for my mom and I need that pass through. It also come's in handy for other things, like picking up a spoiler.

I imagine an upholstery shop can custom make some seat covers like yours but I know it wouldn't be $70 and to save money, it wouldn't be 100% leather.

Thanks for posting that info.

im pretty sure that seatmate would be glad to kinda redo the back seat for the pass thru. i know they can do it cuz they did it for rex's car. hell maybe for a lil bit more money they might even use zippers instead of the elestic. hell u can do lots of stuff as long as u have the american dollar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>im pretty sure that seatmate would be glad to kinda redo the back seat for the pass thru. i know they can do it cuz they did it for rex's car. hell maybe for a lil bit more money they might even use zippers instead of the elestic. hell u can do lots of stuff as long as u have the american dollar</div>

I'm pretty sure they can do anything for the American dollar, it's just that I did not bring enough of it and they did not accept VISA when I purchased my seat covers.

FLiPSTYLE
    Those are pretty nice. How was the Phil? I was suppose to go at the end of September, but school kept me from going.. maybe next year. Hey Spirit, what else did ya get down there? I had my mom pick me up the taillights, $250 with harness and everything. I wanted her to get the door sills but she didnt have enough time.. well hope you had fun down there. I miss it a lot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FLiPSTYLE)</div><div class='quotemain'>Those are pretty nice. Â*How was the Phil? Â*I was suppose to go at the end of September, but school kept me from going.. maybe next year. Â*Hey Spirit, what else did ya get down there? Â*I had my mom pick me up the taillights, $250 with harness and everything. Â*I wanted her to get the door sills but she didnt have enough time.. Â*well hope you had fun down there. Â*I miss it a lot Â*:(</div>

Kamusta? I had the most fun in the Philippines! Filipinos just knows how to have their own type of fun. Another exciting thing was I got to drive over there also and you know how crazy Filipino style of driving is. It's like they don't have road rules or something over there, but it was fun. I got to run red lights and all (he,he). Anyway, I got mostly accessories and the major purchases are the leather seat covers and the Galant rear visor (just like what Reelax has). The only problem is that due to airline restrictions, I did not get to bring it with me. Anyway, do visit P.I. when you get a chance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    balikbayan box wasn't big enough huh? haha but yea the philippines can be really fun, especially with the american dollar. </div>

Oh man, I was so mad when they did not let me take it with me. They wanted me to pay $160 for that $40 rear visor. Hopefully my family will be able to mail it to me right away. Can't wait to install it to my car.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spiritborn)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    balikbayan box wasn't big enough huh? haha but yea the philippines can be really fun, especially with the american dollar. </div>

Oh man, I was so mad when they did not let me take it with me. They wanted me to pay $160 for that $40 rear visor. Hopefully my family will be able to mail it to me right away. Can't wait to install it to my car.</div>

i know how u feel...im thinking about buying rims there...think about how much thats gonna cost lol

Hmmm..

If anyone is is going to the PI anytime soon.. let me know..

Those seat covers look sweet...

:approve:
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

hello everyone!

thanks for the pics spiritborn (emmanuel)

guys! these are the seat covers i was telling you about in the old board (i remember that it comsumed more than 6 pages.... i think! ) shit! they look so nice! US$70.00 made from leather! 8)

this is the company i was telling you guys about in the past.... "seatmate". same information given by spiritborn.

see, the thing is, shipping is a bitch! that's why i never pursued it! US$ 70 for leather seat covers with US$200 shipping cost via fedex (ballpark figure). sounds crazy to me!

i could never justify why US$70 worth of leather seat covers would cost US$200 just for shipping alone.

i was suppose to bring 7g leather seat covers to mitsupiet (black/green combo/ two-toned - for his green 7g galant) but shipping is a bitch to holland..... well, i guess regardless of location, shipping will always be a bitch outside the philippines.

actually, this is why i am so frustrated..... shipping jdm parts to the u.s. will cost you an arm and a leg... maybe more.

anyways, if you guys are really crazy enough to spend about US$270+ to get these very nice seat covers then let me know.

am glad it fits spiritborn's 8g usdm nicely!
    again, thanks for posting the pics bro!

for the 7g leather seat covers, click on my signature to check them out. i have black leathers.

btw:
    please be patient, i am very, very busy this time with work, my wife's new business and with supervising the building of our new house. i will try to help you guys asap. send me an email.

also, the philippines does not accept paypal..... mitsupiet and i tried this possibility already.

i could include all receipts along with the shipment, however, some peeps say it would be better to declare the leather seat covers as "used" to avoid taxes that will be dictated by the us government upon arrival to the u.s.

how much will the u.s. goods taxes cost? am not sure. you will only find out when the seat covers reach u.s. soil. it may vary from state to state.

or.....

have a vacation here, lets hook up! cervesas on me!

hasta la vista mi amigos!

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    If God drove a 6G, it would probably be this one.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3011864
    i love eprom tuning:
    anti-lag misfiring - done
    launch control - done
    180kph jdm ecu speed cut - deleted
    a/c disengage at 35% pedal press
    350whp

Big H Killa
    Can you see if they come in red for me if not red then black and please give me a price.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big H Killa)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can you see if they come in red for me if not red then black and please give me a price.</div>

they should come in red and black. if seatmate doesn't have it, there are hundreds of places there that will do it for less than a hundred dollars...

Big H Killa
    Well I don't know if you looked at my pictures of my car or not but I have red and black seat covers for the front. I would like it better if I could find a back seat cover that matches but alas i can't. The reason is I want the seatcovers red and black if possible and one for the backseat that will match the front. Pinoy do you know anywhere that can do this for me.

am i the only 1 who thinks this is a great deal? even with shipping, youll have leather for 300...sure they will be covers, but from the pics you cant really tell they r covers.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast